X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Toys on eBay this week

Fleetwood Manimal Toy- Rack Toys provide an important function, providing merchandise for television shows that get cancelled mid season. Case in Point "Manimal" a series that only got 13 shows but somehow Fleetwood managed to create a bunch of figurines under the banner (these were not based on the show) You can see the full range here.

Wind Up IQ9 from Star Blazers- I think I would have wept as a child if I had found this wind up character from Star Blazers. Between this and Battle of the Planets, Star Blazers action figures were my biggest "I wish someone made those" requests as a kid.

If you're not familiar with the brilliant Star Blazers toys from Japan, check out my video about them.

: Japan renamed Stretch "Mr. X" and painted his hair dark brown, he was also a wrestler in this world as you could buy Sumo Robes for him as well. If you think that's cool, check out what they did to Stretch Monster.

Johnny West Store Display- I never had any Johnny West figures as a kid but i do remember seeing a display like this and being somewhat impressed. I adore stuff like this and glad it survived.

Battle of the Planets Figures from France- I'm not sure what happened to Jason, although if you're a follower of the original Gatchaman this is what the team looks like after season one (SPOILERS!). You rarely see these guys complete like this.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

So...was Japanese Stretch Armstrong supposed to be a Sumo wrestler, or is he just fat looking due to being flattened out?

I've always wondered why the Best of the West figures fall apart like they do? Does the plastic just degrade? Johnny lost an arm, but he cut Sam Cobra in half!!!

I never got into Starblazers, but as I said before, I would have bought BOTP toys in a heartbeat!

Great selection this week!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

awesome stuffs! Those BOTP figures look like they had some melt issues with the helmets. very cool to see them complete like that, tho.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        So...was Japanese Stretch Armstrong supposed to be a Sumo wrestler, or is he just fat looking due to being flattened out?
        That specimen is more like MISTER-XXXL

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Okay, thanks for the clarification. He came with a mask?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

I think the wrestling masks/shorts may have been sold separately, like the Sumo Robe Brian mentioned.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

Those BOP figures are all kinds of cool.
              I would have killed for those as a kid.

The mention of Manimal brings back fond memories. I enjoyed that series.
              The figures don't look all that enticing though.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I admit it, I watched Manimal and Automan too.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Manimal? that's what the girls used to call me, although these days they call me something else, but this is a respectable website so I'll just keep it to myself.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I have a box full of best of the west broken figures and lots of accessories. is there any value on that line? I always thought they were junky and figure there is not much demand for the stuff nowadays in the collectors market

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

I had Johnny West and Geronimo when I was a little boy. My paternal grandmother went to many flea markets and picked them up. They were complete and in very good condition. I really enjoyed them. They are well executed figures.

Those BOTP figures are incredible!

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎