X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Reaction Toxic Crusaders full line

I've always been torn on this line. The TMNT-ish designs and cartoon were kind of fun. But Toxie is a character that should NEVER have been marketed to children.

A full slate of new Toxic Crusaders ReAction Figures have been revealed by Lloyd Kaufman, co-founder of Troma Entertainment. Toxic Crusaders was the Saturday Morning Cartoon spin-off of the Toxic Avenger films. The cartoon aired a single season in 1991, and it followed Toxie and his mutant friends as they protected Tromaville from the evil...

Oh, well, some of the better sculpts Super7 has done in the Reaction series and these are more or less aimed at adults now. But, yeah, Toxie as a children's character that still kind icks me out after these years.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I can't believe we're already into the early 90s "we gotta copy the Turtles" toy line nostalgia but i guess it was inevitable. I assume "Swat Cats" and "Biker Mice from Mars" are coming soon as well. Hopefully Super 7 can revive the cool kenner Swamp Thing line too, I'd get behind that.

Yeah, Toxie as a G rated character was kind of strange but those movies had gotten pretty goofy by the late 80s. Home Video really blurred the lines it seems, I mean Kenner released Alien and Predator lines to young children too and none of us really batted an eye.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      I mean Kenner released Alien and Predator lines to young children too and none of us really batted an eye.
      I've always been kinda iffy on Kenner's Robocop and Alien/Predator lines to be honest. Not knocking the toys just the idea they were marketed to little kids. Toxie really ups the yuck factor over those though. The level of violence, sex and sadism in Toxic Avenger movies is a whole other level.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Robocop was one of the first R rated movies i snuck into, I remember thinking that toyline was weird but I think they tied it to some cartoon I never watched.

I'm not a real big Troma guy but the whole thing in Toxic Avenger is it's so over the top, it's cartoonish. However their low budget nature gives the film a lot of grit, so i can see being turned off by it. Later installments seemed to be gentler and sillier.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

BBTS has ReAction Thundercats up for preorder if anyone is interested. I saw the article about ReAction Toxic Crusaders this morning and was surprised nothing was mentioned about Thundercats coming soon too.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

To be fair though, the Toxic Crusaders were based off the cartoon, not the films. I'm betting most if not all the kids that were fans of the toon and toys never even saw the films.

I took a pic of my carded 1991 Toxie...even the package glows! I freaking LOVE this line! All these new ones will be mine.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎