X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

One man's garbage...

So, I took off yesterday for Election Day to spend some time with the kids. The boy was out with his girlfriend (understandably) so me and the girl went out and shopped around a bit. On the way back home, I passed something out near a trash can that immediately tracked in my mind. Did I really see what I thought I saw?

I turned around in a nearby parking lot, and sure enough, I was right. There they were...large Halloween blow-molds...put out in the trash! I turned around again, and pulled up next to the garbage and loaded these babies in my car as fast as I could!

They is some minor paint wear, and the ghost has a few dents I may try to pop out, but how could I pass these up for FREE?!?

Made my day!!!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

AAaahhh! UNBELIEVABLE find! Great score, Chris! Look at the expression in that guilty looking cat!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Thanks! The cat is kind of odd in that there is an indention in the chest to suggest breasts, so it's like a weird Cat-Woman hybrid thing.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I have been meaning to post that my one disappointment with Halloween this year is that I didn't see any new blow molds. I would have grabbed these in an instant. You probably already know this, but just in case a hair dryer on low helps with reshaping the plastic.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yep, I plan to use that and broom handle to pop those dented hands out a bit.

I didn't see any new Halloween blow-molds either. Lowe's has some Christmas blow-molds this year, including a large toy soldier and Santa mailbox, and smaller Disney ones of Mickey, Minnie and Olaf from Frozen. I picked up the toy solider one.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• tay666
            Career Member
            • Dec 27, 2008

Great score!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰