X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Kenner Terminator 2

Techno-Punch Terminator with light-pipe eye feature!
    28 years old and still a classic!

• Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That great. Really has that Kenner toy catalog look. BTW: Did they ever release a chromed version of that figure? Real missed opportunity if they didn't.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 5, '19, 1:02 AM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
      That great. Really has that Kenner toy catalog look. BTW: Did they ever release a chromed version of that figure? Real missed opportunity if they didn't.
      Thanks! No, I don't think they ever did a chrome one...would have been really cool. For some bizarre reason they made a copper colored one though. There's also a black glow in the dark version.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Love T2... Your photo makes this toy look infinitely better than any of the packaging or ads of the time. Didn't realize it had the same eye feature as Darkseid. Let me think... what other toys used that tech?

Darkseid
        Terminator 2
        POTF2 Jawas

Any others?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^BTAS Scarecrow did. Another great Kenner figure!

Great pic Dwayne. I admired that line from afar from all the Kenner mini-catalogs I got in Batman product of the day.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by hedji
            love t2... Your photo makes this toy look infinitely better than any of the packaging or ads of the time. Didn't realize it had the same eye feature as darkseid. Let me think... What other toys used that tech?

Darkseid
            terminator 2
            potf2 jawas

any others?
            potf2 r2-d2.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I'll also add that T2 was a transformative experience for me. Even though I'd seen the Abyss, I thought the CGI morphing was used to jaw-dropping effect in T2. I'll accept all the bad CGI Van Helsing crapfests we got in its wake, because T2 was that good.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Love that light eye feature... it's an example of toymakers being creative if electronics weren't practical or cost effective. I dig stuff like that.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Light piping is a really cool gimmick. Happily Kenner's light piping does still live on. Many of Hasbro's Transformers Siege toys use it great effect.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Light piping is a really cool gimmick. Happily Kenner's light piping does still live on. Many of Hasbro's Transformers Siege toys use it great effect.
                    Really? I haven't seen any that do that yet! I'll have to keep my eyes out...I just picked up the Walgreens Ratchet.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      Really? I haven't seen any that do that yet! I'll have to keep my eyes out...I just picked up the Walgreens Ratchet.
                      Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream and the seeker jets.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream and the seeker jets.
                        Oh wow...I have Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream, and didn't even notice! LOL

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎