X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Playmobil Haunted House

This popped up in one of those facebook's product ad feeds, and I thought it was cute and it was on sale, so I ordered it. I know some members here like monsters, so thought I'd share.
    91+tDlmssFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Last edited by RonnyG; Nov 2, '19, 5:50 PM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This is really cute and looks fun to play with. Has Playmobile done other Monster sets, or is this a new line? I like the portability feature, which you wouldn't have with a Victorian house.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I'm not sure if they done other monster sets. I haven't been collecting them for too long. I was introduced to Playmobil when I picked up some figures up at the Dollar Tree a couple months ago, and I was impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. Apparently, this Haunted House came out last Halloween 2018. I found a review on youtube. It's a bit pricey, but I purchased on sale this morning at Walmart for $25.00, (an impulse buy) but they jacked up the price to $45.00 since then. Amazon still has it for $25.00.

Here's the link to the review and unboxing:

https://youtu.be/54LQylS7U88
      Last edited by RonnyG; Nov 2, '19, 6:18 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, I looked a little online and there're quite a few figures but this is the first large playset. Playmobil is very durable and I like their design aesthetic.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty cool. I have several of their Ghostbusters sets. Very nice quality.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

This looks like a great piece for the remco small monsters or the Burger King toys or the Reaction modern line.

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

I love the design of playmobil, great looking set, there also a back to the future set, coming out soon

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Really well done! Playmobil has been killing it lately.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Amazon also has several monster 2-packs, and they are very affordable. So tempting!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I love that they are still smiling, even with the evil eyebrows.

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

CCC.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Fun pix. Thanks.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Nice pictures, Lord Mudd. I'm glad to see another member purchased the Haunted House, too! And King Tut looks right at home in the Egyptian set!

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by alex
                            I love the design of playmobil, great looking set, there also a back to the future set, coming out soon
                            Yes, I'm looking forward to their Scooby Doo figures and villains. I hope they won't be hard to find, or sell out quickly before I get some.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Nice! I was going to do a custom monster castle for the Funko releases, but your nice display of the Haunted House may solve that itch much more easily.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎