X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Vampire Blood 39¢

This Halloween season has been the most nostalgic for me in quite some time.

For that reason, I saw some apparel with this classic logo, and it made me want to try to track some down.

I went to the Halloween store, and bought a tube of what they were selling. It said Vampire Blood. And while the product is VERY good (better in a lot of ways. It flows like real blood, is dark like real blood, and even dries that deep rust color), it's not the same.

Imagineering is no more, it would seem. I believe Rubies now owns its assets, but I couldn't get my hand on a tube of Rubies blood to check.

I remember the Imagineering blood to be TOO bright. That could be my nostalgia goggles, but I do know it was the best we had at the time.

Most of you guys will remember the white tube above, but I remember the later tube with the graphic.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hDRRQw]

If anybody has a sealed tube for sale, I'minterested.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I was correct. Rubies has the right to produce the real deal. It is manufactured by Collegeville Imagineering inc.

I bought a tube tonight, for very close to the original 39¢ price. I don't plan on opening it until at least next year. I might do a review. I'd still like to track down a vintage tube though.

Not sure if the vintage logo is still a registered trademark.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Collegeville produces Imagineering? I loved the Imagineering "The Face" prosthetic make-up kits from the '80s.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

No, both got swallowed by Rubies. I think Collegeville acquired Imagineering, and Rubies swallowed up Collegeville.

All I know is that Halloween isn't the same since they stopped making boxed costumes.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Man, I remember doing bobbing for apples at a Boy Scout Halloween party, and some kid was done up in vampire makeup with white grease paint and this blood. The layer of muck left floating on the water was nauseating.

Bobbing for apples.... there's a tradition nobody misses.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Oh gross.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎