X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

1977 Space:1999 Calendar, not only is this totally bad *** but I can reuse it in 2022!

Matchbox Fighting Furies Ghost of Captain Kidd- Fighting Furies is this wonderfully underrated toy line from the mid 1970s that had Mason Reese as a spokesperson. It doesn't really get enough credit, especially considering the third character introduced into the series was a freaking ghost who glowed in the dark. It's one of the coolest action figures ever.

Black Hole Towel- I don't think I have to justify why this would be here. I wasn't even looking for Black Hole stuff and this came up, it was meant to be.

Italian Superman Watergun- I like mashups like this, it's a retooled phaser, normally sold for Batman that somebody slapped a Superman sticker on it. So while Batman using a pistol always seemed weird, it's even weirder to think of Superman having any use for one!

Japanese Suckerman- I didn't know this was a thing, it's totally awesome!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

If I had deep pockets, this would be a busy week. Ghost of Kidd has long been one of my favorites. The glow skeleton on his body is super cool. The one I have has crumbly plastic at the top of the neck, but if you don't move the head around, it looks great. That Suckerman is awesome, and you are making me want to build a trophy room just to have wall hangings of these classic beach towels you keep finding. The calendar recycling is great! Last year, I was able to reuse my 1979 Star Wars calendar. I was never good at changing the months over on my calendars as a kid, so some of those pictures might not even have gotten viewed the first time 39 years ago.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Ghost of Captain Kidd is one of my most favorite toys, as you note Matchbox saved the best for last. I have the Sears mailer-box version. The coffin box is awesome.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

Which pirate figures did they have that looked like they came more from the Big Jim line?....
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

European Big Jim's 10" Captain Drake, Captain Hook, and Captain Flint/Sandokan.

The companion 9" Fighting Furies to Captain Kidd were Hook and Captain Peg-Leg.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

that ghost of Captain Kid would make a great base for a custom ghost King of the Dead from LOTR Return of the King

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Love the ghost of Captain Kidd.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

As a kid, I thought the Fighting Furies only consisted of the peg leg guy and the hook hand guy w/ side pony (which I had). Never knew about the Ghost of Cap'n Kidd. That is one amazing figure.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎