X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Hammer Horror megos?

I just realized what a great line of Megos that might be...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by zeedox
    I just realized what a great line of Megos that might be...
    Unfortunately it will never ever happen. The Hammer license is split up between numerous studios and distributors.
    So far the only film that has been licensed outside the UK is Scars of Dracula, which produced a single figure and a model kit, and even that was a nightmare.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Oh how I wish this would happen, it would make my Svengoolie presents so much easier, but I do not see it happening.

However it doesn't mean we cannot hope so what movie would you like to see done???
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I would have loved seeing Hammer Megos, I really wanted to get the Distinctive Dummies Hammer Mummy and the Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, unfortunately they were a bit pricey at the time, and now their rare and when you
        do find them (ebay) etc, the price tag is pretty high.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I think you could see Hammer Megos, according to how contracts work. WB owns the US rights to several Hammer Dracula films, including the first one. So, since Mego has a relationship with WB, it's not impossible to think we might see a Mego Christopher Lee Dracula.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I think you could see Hammer Megos, according to how contracts work. WB owns the US rights to several Hammer Dracula films, including the first one. So, since Mego has a relationship with WB, it's not impossible to think we might see a Mego Christopher Lee Dracula.

Chris
            Only the film distribution rights Chris, not the merchandising rights. As I mentioned, only Scars of Dracula somehow slipped through the cracks. I can't even remember all the details because it was so convoluted, but that was the ONLY version of Dracula that could be done. Star Ace made a 1:6 figure and Pegasus Hobbies made a vinyl model kit.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I used to think I was a big Hammer fan until I found out most of the movies I thought were Hammer and loved were actually Amicus and American International
              Last edited by Mikey; Nov 1, '19, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                Career Member
                • Jul 23, 2019

I too would love Mego Hammer Horror figures. Think of all the custom Mego Tarkins that would start showing up.
                "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

While Hammer may be out, some of their stars might not be. A Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee would still be possible, as well as some of the female stars like Caroline Munro. We've got celebrity figures and horror figures already; why not do some horror celebrities?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

Hammer Horror figures could also yield a number of interesting variant figures. Think of all the different versions of “Paul” or “Carl” figures they could make (yes, an inside joke for all you Hammer Horror fans out there).
                    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Distinctive Dummies has been doing these for a while. Very limited customs...but oh so nice. And I've never seen a Hammer Film...and The just knock it out of the park every time they make anything Hammer related.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎