X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Halloween Costume Countdown

Toy-Ventures this week is a look at five classic Halloween costumes from my collection, some are weird, none are scary but they're all infused in some magical 1970s pop culture goodness.

Happy Halloween from PlaidStallions, check out every episode of Toy_Ventures here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ENnkiWa0w_NBNQ

Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions)

PlaidStallions Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/

Plaidstallions facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226244254053126/

Twitter: @plaidstallionsFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I'll add Mission Impossible and Columbo to the list of shows that didn't get much merchandise. I believe Columbo only got a board game and Mission Impossible got a viewmaster and MPC model kit.

I'm enjoying these Ben Cooper costumes from afar I wouldn't have a place to display them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

There are two MI board games, as well. One seems unlicensed but looks cool.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That was fun. I never get tired of hearing "The Bat" story. My comic-accurate anal-retentive nature would have rejected it outright, but good on you for being able to imagine past licensing woes!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

I love seeing all the old costumes, but have no where to display them.
          I do own one because it crosses over with my main love (Prehistoric Scenes model kits)

Sadly, I didn't ever see this when I was a kid.
          When I was a kid, I leaned more towards the monster costumes, rather than super heroes.
          I remember being the Wolfman one year, and a ghost another year.
          But other than that, all my Halloween years are a big jumbled blur.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

That costume is vivid and fun--I like the design of the mask.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              There are two MI board games, as well. One seems unlicensed but looks cool.
              Yeah it doesn't look official

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                That was fun. I never get tired of hearing "The Bat" story. My comic-accurate anal-retentive nature would have rejected it outright, but good on you for being able to imagine past licensing woes!

Chris
                Yeah, I remember having issues with the word "Batman" being printed on the Ben Cooper mask. I can't imagine what I would've done if only The Bat was available. Fortunately, Two Guys had a great selection.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                  Yeah, I remember having issues with the word "Batman" being printed on the Ben Cooper mask. I can't imagine what I would've done if only The Bat was available. Fortunately, Two Guys had a great selection.
                  I'm positive the Ben cooper suit would have been pretty similar to "The Bat" for me, the logo on the mask would have bugged me. I sincerely remember the expectations of being able to find Adam West's suit at retail as a kid.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I'm really digging that Swamp Thing costume. I did not remember they were still make Ben Cooper style costumes into the 90s. That's really cool.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not usually into knock-offs, but I'll confess to liking The Bat and The Spider. They deserve the Mego treatment, I recall customs of them from years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎