X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Mad Monsters Castle

It’s Halloween, so let’s take a look at the classic Mego Playset for the Mad Monsters! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY..._as=subscriber Related Images: [See image gallery at www.megomuseum.com]

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That was fun. Great video.

Yeah, the playset itself is a little sparse in comparison to Mego's other more elaborate playsets but considering it's essentially a playset for villains, which was unusual for the time, makes it all the more special that it even exists it all. The graphics are wonderful and it displays really well. I only have the reissue. Makes a terrific Halloween diarama.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

great stuff!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

I'm at work and can't watch the video just yet. What does the castle come with and are there any features?
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Just the operation table from Planet Of The Apes.

I have no memory of this growing up, but then again I was HUGE on Super-Heroes. Thinking back now it would have been nice to have so that the Super Friends could storm the castle to fight the Mad Monsters...
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Type3Toys
            Home Of The Type3 Body
            • Jan 18, 2005

Great video! Should come as no surprise to anyone who has known me for more than an hour that the Mad Monsters is my favorite mego line! Love the castle too!
            LOOK
            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Thanks for doing a separate video for the Castle. Definitely worth it! I had all 4 monsters as a kid, but did not know the Castle existed. Well, not until I joined the Museum.

The Castle is an example of how prices within each Mego line can run from very cheap to quite pricey. You can pick up loose Monsters for a pretty fair price. A boxed Castle can easily go for over $500. You can pick up most of AJ's outifits for $5-20. Try and find a boxed Formula Race Car for less than a boxed Castle. The entire OMBC quintet can run as low as $50-100. Good luck picking up even one boxed dino! I guess that's true for most collectibles.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, the Mad Monster Castle.. I have a love-hate relationship with mine, which was expensive (boxed).

I love the graphics and color scheme. I hate that it unfolds into a "box." Had it opened like a book, I'd enjoy it much more.

Still, I lusted after one for years, though I also bought the repro. I really enjoyed this video, very smooth and informative. Nice to see Blue Frankie, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎