X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

FTC Customer Service

Please let me get your thoughts on this. I have been a regular FTC customer for the past several months. In that time, I have made numerous purchases whenever I have had extra money to burn. I've bought retro figures, clothing, bodies and other parts for customs. Let's just say I have probably spent a lot more than I should have in such a short timeframe.

Anyway, one order in particular is still outstanding. I purchased it some time ago, but even up until today – when I search up the tracking number – it's status has not been updated since Oct. 9. It says it's on its way to the next facility, but it's now been nearly a month. My previous orders have never taken this long and I even placed a few orders after this one that have arrived nearly two weeks ago or more. This leads me to believe this particular order got lost somewhere along the way and will likely not make its way to me.

Realizing this, I contacted FTC to explain the situation. They keep telling me to wait because it's likely tied up in customs and will arrive soon. Well, after a couple more weeks of this and still seeing no updates I replied to them by stating it's likely lost in transit somewhere and asked if they could please re-ship it. Their response? "Are you going to be placing another order in the near future? If so, we can ship it with that one."

Really, FTC? How about keeping the customer happy by re-sending the items I ordered and have already paid for instead of saying you will only re-send them if I buy something else. When I told them this, they said to wait even longer to see if the original order arrives.

This is such crap customer service.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Ah, FTC customer service. It's all over the place. But one recurring thing in my experience has been for them to try and cheap out as much as possible, much like your experience ("Are you going to be placing another order in the near future? If so, we can ship it with that one."). Which is better than Cheap Out Tactic number one, which is the customer paying to return items, even if the return is because of them and not your fault.

I think some people have started using Amazon.com to purchase their figures from FTC aka Wresting Store, because of Amazon's return policies. But that is not an option when you order parts from CTVT.

I would contact them again, and if they don't want to resend the stuff your ordered or tell you to wait, ask for a refund. You could also go the extreme route and contact your credit card company, but that's tough, because as much as FTC needs to improve their customer service, if you plan to order from them again, do you want to burn that bridge?

Luckily, most of my items come okay, but when they don't... ugh! I usually end up ordering more items and having them add the mistakes or missing items to that new order; depending on how fast I need the item, it has sometimes been months before I placed that order. I've never had anything from them lost or stuck in transit though, which is a whole 'nother thing.

Good luck.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

They don't have any. I picked up an order in person and got home going through it I found the motorcycle suit I bought was dry rotting and whoever I was talking to replace (why would I want another dry rotted suit?) it next time I come by. I asked for a refund on my cc and that is the only response I got. So I am out 8 bucks.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

Last year

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Ah, FTC customer service. It's all over the place. But one recurring thing in my experience has been for them to try and cheap out as much as possible, much like your experience ("Are you going to be placing another order in the near future? If so, we can ship it with that one."). Which is better than Cheap Out Tactic number one, which is the customer paying to return items, even if the return is because of them and not your fault.

I think some people have started using Amazon.com to purchase their figures from FTC aka Wresting Store, because of Amazon's return policies. But that is not an option when you order parts from CTVT.

I would contact them again, and if they don't want to resend the stuff your ordered or tell you to wait, ask for a refund. You could also go the extreme route and contact your credit card company, but that's tough, because as much as FTC needs to improve their customer service, if you plan to order from them again, do you want to burn that bridge?

Luckily, most of my items come okay, but when they don't... ugh! I usually end up ordering more items and having them add the mistakes or missing items to that new order; depending on how fast I need the item, it has sometimes been months before I placed that order. I've never had anything from them lost or stuck in transit though, which is a whole 'nother thing.

Good luck.
          last year this happened to me ,i placed an order for a box of figures ,and i was waiting a couple weeks ,i called and they said it was on its way ,they had added
          one wrong address number ,the acknowleged it was their goof ,they had to wait for the package to return and then correct the address and send it out again.so
          it was over a month before it arrived .

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble

Good luck.
            this also happened to me ,i ordered three president figures ,1 president Obama and 2 president Trumps .they sent only one of each .i called and told them ,they
            acknowleged this goof ,and wanted me to let them ship it with my next order ,i told him i had all ready ordered some 12 figures and it should already be in
            proscess and to add the figure to that shipment.timeing was good ,cause thats what they did. from now on when i order from them ,i always comment at checkout
            to pay note to the shipment ,they have so many similer product ,and variations they tend to make goofs .

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

to pay note to the order ,so they get it right .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not surprised at all by your experience. Good luck.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎