X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

The Eddie Paskey Project

I thought it was a stroke of genius when Paul Clarke used the Brian Heiler sculpt done by James Brady back in the day for the 2018 Al Bundy release. As others have noted, the head also looks a lot like Eddie Paskey's Lt. Leslie character from STOS. I stumbled across a page that lists all of Eddies appearances, and just couldn't stop with the red shirt version. As far as I know, the only on-camera costume I haven't tried is his brief appearance as a Nazi extra. Blink and you'll miss it, so for now at least I'm skipping it.

******I had to add this disclaimer on FB. I forget how many new people that new Mego has brought into the hobby - Edited to add that I totally made up the Brian Heiler connection. If you don't know the legend of Captain Dunsel, I suggest a trip to the Mego Madhouse.

Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Oct 30, '19, 1:05 PM.
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

Awesome customs! I met Eddie and his wife at STLV 2018 and they were as nice as you could possibly imagine.
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by newlyknighted
      Awesome customs! I met Eddie and his wife at STLV 2018 and they were as nice as you could possibly imagine.
      I would love to meet him. Everything I've read says he's super cool and loves all his Trek fans.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

You know before the Museum, I'd never noticed this dude, now I can't stop seeing him.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

This is awesome! Great idea. I love it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Mr. Leslie is one of the first resurrected crewman aboard the Enterprise. He is killed in "Obsession" but appears AS MR. LESLIE in later episodes. So take that, Spock!

Great set of figures. Paskey was everywhere! He was also Shatner's lighting double.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

I started noticing Eddie and some of the other regular extras as a teen when I first had a VCR. As I watched episodes more than once in a while I got the impression these guys must have lived at Desilu and worn every costume/rank on the ship.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Love this figure and so glad people pointed this factor out. The one crew member who wore every color aboard the Entrerprise. Great job on them all.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Is the gold speckle a transporting Leslie? I am assuming that is a clear invisible man head with the gold sparkle spray.

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

These are great!

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Well played, sir.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I bought a Captain Dunsel Paskey head back in the day from Dave McCormick, who also painted it.

It was pretty neat that Paul used a Paskey likness for Al Bundy too, so it allowed us to put together an easy LT. Leslie
                        custom.

I would like to know though, if anyone can tell from the top picture (Leslie red shirt) what is wrapped around the waist?
                        to keep the weapons belt from being to loose? looks like velcro but not sure? I could use it for my generic redshirts.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

These are wonderful, I especially like the transporting one.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Spectator
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 4, 2019

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Mr. Leslie is one of the first resurrected crewman aboard the Enterprise. He is killed in "Obsession" but appears AS MR. LESLIE in later episodes.
                            Ah, the famous Leslie twins. It still amazes me that they managed to get themselves assigned to the Enterprise together... and their quarters only two doors apart!

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Spectator
                              Ah, the famous Leslie twins. It still amazes me that they managed to get themselves assigned to the Enterprise together... and their quarters only two doors apart!
                              Although it's a myth, there was some grapevine talk on the enterprise that they had a hidden duplicating room for
                              redshirt fatals. Apparently the crew brought back that android duplicating machine from the episode,
                              (What Little Girls are made of) Spock thought it would be logical.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎