X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

A little Batmania, Tarzan and Phantom this weekend

This past weekend was the tenth Champion City Comic Con in my hometown, and besides a ton of dollar comics I rooted out of bins, I picked up a few items that might be of interest to some folks here...

first a little Batmania...the Batman lunchbox came from the con's charity auction and I couldn't pass up the novelization of the Adam West Batman feature film when I saw it. I am not usually a lunchbox collector, but it was for a good cause and it was kind of cool.

I also found a couple of volumes collecting the original Hal Foster Tarzan strips...

and a collection of early Phantom strips from the 1930s, and a collection of illustrated adaptations of Harlan Ellison stories...

most of the dollar stuff were issues of the various DC Trek series, some Will Eisner Spirits form Kitchen Sink, and other sundry stuff. I have been getting more and more into vintage comic strips recently, so I was excited to find the Tarzan and Phantom strip collections. The other thing I was excited to find was the 4 issues of Stephen Bissette's Tyrant series, as I have been on a big dinosaur kick recently as well...

I also found some cool local small press comics to sample as well.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎