X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    Now its time for those commercials of Mego Museums favorite cereal, the General Mills Monster Cereal:
    Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Booberry, Fruitbrute, Yummy Mummy

I love those!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Gimme a chance... With Tim Curry in the cast this is a must for Halloween fans:
      The Worst Witch is a 1986 British musical fantasy television film based on the children's book of the same name by Jill Murphy. It was produced by Central Independent Television and HBO.
      The Worst Witch 1986.jpg

Mildred is one of the young girls at a prestigious witch academy. She can't seem to do anything right and is picked on by classmates and teachers. The headmistress of the school, Miss Cackle, has an evil twin sister (Agatha) who plans to destroy the school. Can Mildred foil the plan before the Grand Wizard (Tim Curry) comes to the Academy for the Halloween celebration you'll never forget?!!

To view this better you need to go into the settings and change it back to .75 speed, it’s nearly normal.
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 29, '19, 6:47 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Halloween specials of the past: Halloween is Grinch Night

I should have started out with this classic Halloween cartoon: Dr. Seuss presents Halloween is Grinch Night

Halloween Is Grinch Night (titled It's Grinch Night for the 1992 videocassette release and Grinch Night for the sing-a-long videocassette release) is a 1977 Halloween television special and is the prequel to How the Grinch Stole Christmas!. It won the 1978 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children's Program. It premiered on ABC on October 29, 1977.[citation needed] The original voice actor for The Grinch, Boris Karloff, by now deceased, was replaced by Hans Conried, though Thurl Ravenscroft, who sang on the original special, again provided singing vocals.

halloween is Grinch Night 1.jpghalloween is Grinch Night 2.jpg

The evil Grinch who stole Christmas is back to steal Halloween! It's Grinch night and all over Whoville, a horrible storm has started which gives the Grinch a chance to have some fun. But he's soon foiled by a young boy who's on his way to the Uphamisim.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I watch Garfield's Halloween Adventure every year. A childhood favorite of mine. Sadly it doesn't get aired anymore and oddly the DVD release changes the order of the first two scenes. The DVD starts with the song instead of Garfield waking to the Blinky the Clown show.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

I only recently rediscovered The Halloween That Almost Wasn't. I've always been a fan of both Judd Hirsch and Mariette Hartley, but I definitely was surprised to see John Schuck as Frankenstein's Monster a decade before he was Herman on Munsters Today.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Halloween specials of the past: MTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special

I know that Elvira Mistress of the Dark is the Queen of Halloween so here you go:
              MTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special
              MTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special (2).jpgMTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special (6).jpgMTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special (5).jpgMTV Elvira Macabre TV 1986 Halloween Special (1).jpg

MTV Halloween special, hosted by Elvira, featuring skits and music videos.
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 30, '19, 9:34 AM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

For those who loved Halloween & Elvira than you remember those commercials she would pop in on, so lets remember when:

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

Fantastic thread!
                  Mortui Vivos Docent
                  The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Spawn67
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 14, 2009

May not be a Halloween special but every Halloween we used to watch this Danse Macabre filmstrip in elementary school.This had a profound influence on me. Anyone else ever see this in school?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎