Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 announced

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    TOS Trek is their fattest cash cow. They’re not going to end the run.
    You would think they would have sense enough to realize that TOS is there cash cow but they chose to do no TOS figures at all for wave 8. As much as I love Mego, I hope they have disappointing sales on these obscure figures and realize they need to put TOS figures in every wave going forward.
    Last edited by VulcanFanatic; Oct 29, '19 at 4:45 PM.

I don't wish them crappy sales, but I'm tired of companies starting lines and not finishing them. Mego even did it on that Target run with "Cheers" and the Brady Bunch, even tho those were iffy lines in my mind at best, source-wise.

For this run, they could have at least done a Kor, or Chapel or something. Hell, even a generic Klingon in TOS uniform.

Like I said, I'm not investing in any more new Trek like TNG until I get some indication that they are going to at least finish the WoK line.

Isn't it a little childish to wish poor sales on things you don't want, in the hopes that you get things you do? Wouldn't it make more sense to wish success, in the hopes that the company continues to grow, thereby increasing your chances of getting the things you want? There's no reason to believe TOS will not continue, so why are you upset?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanFanatic View Post
    You would think they would have sense enough to realize that TOS is there cash cow but they chose to do no TOS figures at all for wave 8. As much as I love Mego, I hope they have disappointing sales on these obscure figures and realize they need to put TOS figures in every wave going forward.
    There wasn’t any Trek in wave 5 and everyone survived. There will be more, you’ll just have to wait a little longer. Truth is, they need to explore new directions and build a bigger base so things can grow, otherwise there won’t be any waves to worry about.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    There wasn’t any Trek in wave 5 and everyone survived. There will be more, you’ll just have to wait a little longer. Truth is, they need to explore new directions and build a bigger base so things can grow, otherwise there won’t be any waves to worry about.
    Exactly! For me at least...there's been a little bit of something in every wave. I realize I can't get everything I want, but so far...I'm pretty DAMMED happy! 😀

Images
    Great lineup, all of the figures aren’t for me but does seem like there is something for everybody. Gandalf is an exciting definite for me, just pre ordered. Has anybody used the add to my loot option for BBTS? I just did it, i may want to go for Picard and Data if they look as good good as TWOK figures

Images
    I'm considering Gandalf, The Fly and Stan the Man...none of the others are really doing it for me, I'll have to see photos. Maaaayybeee Mr. Hyde, IDK...not sure who else I'd be interested in.

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by k2 View Post
    Great lineup, all of the figures aren’t for me but does seem like there is something for everybody. Gandalf is an exciting definite for me, just pre ordered. Has anybody used the add to my loot option for BBTS? I just did it, i may want to go for Picard and Data if they look as good good as TWOK figures
    I use the BBTS Pile of Loot all the time. That's one of the reasons I order from BBTS (besides being a great retailer overall). If you aren't a 'gotta have it now' collector, POL is the way to go. BBTS prices are usually a couple of dollars more than other e-tailers, but using POL is a huge equalizer for cost and it's fun getting a big box full of different toys and collectibles to dig into!

Quote Originally Posted by MEGO Kid View Post
    I'm not buying any more Trek until they finish out the TOS and WoK line. Don't want to end up with just two figures from TNG
    I have to admit, TNG scares me a bit after only getting Picard and The Borg from EMCE Toys. I sold them for various reasons, one of which is that they did me no good as a standalone set. I am hopeful the Mego Picard uses a soft vinyl, non-painted head, and while I like The Borg, getting Data, a second crew member, is a better choice for me than a non-crew member. I'm sure Mego will make a Borg if Picard and Data sell well enough.

It would be nice to see the rest of the TOS crew get made though. It's not a big deal for me because I have the whole EMCE crew, but it's tough for those that don't have them and see WOK and TNG figures being made.

Star Trek is a broad universe with so many characters, so those who wish for a McCoy or Chapel, there will be those who would like a Sisko or Janeway. They won't get to everybody, so if someone isn't in a certain wave, just got to be patient.