Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

For some reason with this Wave, I'm reluctant to pre-order anything before I see photos of the figures.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm a bit confused why i didn't hear anything about this wave from Mego. I'm reluctant to post leaks due to some behind the scenes shenanigans this summer, so that's why the Museum isn't covering this or talking about it, which is a total shame.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

For me it is getting harder to find stores that are willing to see Megos down in south Texas. All the Targets I used to be able to purchase from do not have anything. The Wal-Marts I visit do not have anything. I ordered some Mummy from a dealer online and no word from him and his phone number doesn't work. It seems that wave 7 is harder to find at a decent price than one would have thought. Make me worried about wave 8 and beyond. I guess I will go and have to order the sets from the online toy stores and sell the ones I do not need.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

For the moment that's the best way to go.i got all wave 7 .perhaps November will be better at retail .we will see.good hunting

Comment

• Palifan
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 18, 2016

Coming from the Uk the new Mego line doesn't get to us at retail at all which has always forced me to use eBay to find them at a very inflated price. With wave 7 I decided to go through a seller in the US via Amazon and did get the ones I was after after a slightly reduced rate to what I have been paying for them on eBay and this takes into account the shipping and import duty cost.

I do love that Mego are back in business but it does feel a little better to get them form the US in some way without lining a ebayers pockets if I can help it so I'm going to pre-order a few from wave 8 online and see if I can reduce the cost of them further so that they're closer in cost to what they are in the US. Maybe a distribution deal will be sorted out next year for the UK but I really don't want to miss some of these waves so I have to do what I can to secure them. The one slightly sad thing is that I'd love to by my kids some of these as gifts and maybe get them into them but it's hard to justify this at the extra cost (they can just look longingly at my moc collection lol!).

Ian

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              I'm a bit confused why i didn't hear anything about this wave from Mego. I'm reluctant to post leaks due to some behind the scenes shenanigans this summer, so that's why the Museum isn't covering this or talking about it, which is a total shame.
              I keep getting the impression someone thinks they can control the information flow, when it's been proven it's no longer possible. While I don't like FTC's years-out announcements, they at least understand it's better to communicate with the collective conscious over timing pr releases. They always come too late to matter.

I thought it was smart of Joel to show the Fly. All they have to do is show card art. No text or blurbs. Just the art designs.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Palifan
                Coming from the Uk the new Mego line doesn't get to us at retail at all which has always forced me to use eBay to find them at a very inflated price. With wave 7 I decided to go through a seller in the US via Amazon and did get the ones I was after after a slightly reduced rate to what I have been paying for them on eBay and this takes into account the shipping and import duty cost.

I do love that Mego are back in business but it does feel a little better to get them form the US in some way without lining a ebayers pockets if I can help it so I'm going to pre-order a few from wave 8 online and see if I can reduce the cost of them further so that they're closer in cost to what they are in the US. Maybe a distribution deal will be sorted out next year for the UK but I really don't want to miss some of these waves so I have to do what I can to secure them. The one slightly sad thing is that I'd love to by my kids some of these as gifts and maybe get them into them but it's hard to justify this at the extra cost (they can just look longingly at my moc collection lol!).

Ian
                not seen them myself ,but someone posted that hmv in the uk had megos at £14.99 each ,could be worth a shot or phone call

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
                  I keep getting the impression someone thinks they can control the information flow, when it's been proven it's no longer possible. While I don't like FTC's years-out announcements, they at least understand it's better to communicate with the collective conscious over timing pr releases. They always come too late to matter.
                  Well, I think they don't want these leaks to occur. I made the mistake of posting one a while back and received a polite email that it caused a problem. Certainly not my end goal to cause them stife (that's the opposite of what i want), so I agreed to wait for the official word. While it looks like the Museum is ignoring Mego and being scooped by "Joe Blow's Toy Page", it's not the case, we just avoid the third party information as much as we can.

I'd really like it on our front page and to do other things but yeah, gonna wait it out.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

I'm buying the whole wave. While I'm happy to get Picard and Data, and I'm dying to get Scotty and Bone TOS, I was hoping to see more TWOK crew.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

Definitely not getting exorcist( ick) and have to see what the scary stories scarecrow looks like.

Comment

• Palifan
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 18, 2016

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll take a look there and see if I have any luck

Ian

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

Picard and Data are definites.

I'll probably get the Fly. Horror is always a draw for me so I'll look at all of those.

Really curious if they are doing Jeckle and Hyde. I'd love to see them done in a 2-pack, only not with a diorama this time. Would Jeckle come in a suit or a Dr coat?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Palifan
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                            not seen them myself ,but someone posted that hmv in the uk had megos at £14.99 each ,could be worth a shot or phone call
                            Thanks again for the tipoff (and for the original poster on here who mentioned the HMV find), I went into HMV today and they did indeed have a full run of wave 4 for £15 each. It was really nice to see them in a store over here and they had one Bruce Lee left that I've been thinking of getting since release so it was an easy purchase for the price. I also picked up another Wolfman to open up (the first new Mego I've opened), and I'm not sure if they will get any of the later waves in but it's worth checking when I'm in the area.

I have noticed on the UK eBay recently that a few sellers have been selling wave 4 so it looks like the usual thing of people trying to make a quick buck off of these but I get the feeling that the people who wanted this wave when it was first released would have already picked them up. I'm hoping to see more in the future and to find the right ones to pick up for the kids (not sure Elvis is quite their thing lol), but it's hopeful to picking some more up at a reasonable price.

Ian
                            Last edited by Palifan; Nov 2, '19, 6:22 PM.

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

Seems odd that there are still no photos of the figures.

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

Does anyone know why photos of Wave 8 haven't been released yet?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎