Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I am afraid that Mego may not finish with the Star Trek TNG figures since they haven't finished Star Trek TOS.

Fly with be must for old school horror fans, not to many have the Tomland Fly figure. I am going to get at least 2, one to 'Frankenstein' with my Tomland.
    Hyde I will have to wait to see how he looks, there are so many versions of him so I will wait till we see pics.

I missed out on the FTC Stan Lee so I will pick up a few this time.

Gandalf I will add to my Super Knights collection.

Twilight Zone, I am not sure about. I picked up a few when they were getting clearance out when Hastings when out of business. I remember somebody wanting a TZ Kanamit to turn into a Star Trek TOS character but cannot remember who.

The modern Horror figures do not interest me.

Originally posted by alex
    Stan Lee
    Gandalf LotR

Trek / sci fi
    Captain Picard
    Data

The Fly

Horror
    Twilight Zone To Serve Man Kanamit

MR HYDE from jekyll and hyde
    Exorcist Linda Blair
    Harold the Scarecrow (scary stories after dark)

What a amazing wave, I hope they have a twist round head with two faces for jekyll and hyde

Oh and release date is mid janurary, I would of thought something would of been released before Xmas, to have as stocking fillers ;(
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by phil
      Big Bad Toy Store is adding Pre-Order listings for the figures.
      Thanks for the heads up! Just pre-ordered Picard & Data.
      sigpic

Comment

• Count_Popula
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 28, 2018

I do hope they return to TOS and the TOS movies. It would be a bummer to end that run now, with so many classic characters still to be produced.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

TOS Trek is their fattest cash cow. They’re not going to end the run.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 5, 2018

I'm not buying any more Trek until they finish out the TOS and WoK line. Don't want to end up with just two figures from TNG

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
              Banned
              • Jan 24, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              TOS Trek is their fattest cash cow. They’re not going to end the run.
              You would think they would have sense enough to realize that TOS is there cash cow but they chose to do no TOS figures at all for wave 8. As much as I love Mego, I hope they have disappointing sales on these obscure figures and realize they need to put TOS figures in every wave going forward.
              Last edited by VulcanFanatic; Oct 29, '19, 4:45 PM.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                Museum Super Collector
                • Nov 5, 2018

I don't wish them crappy sales, but I'm tired of companies starting lines and not finishing them. Mego even did it on that Target run with "Cheers" and the Brady Bunch, even tho those were iffy lines in my mind at best, source-wise.

For this run, they could have at least done a Kor, or Chapel or something. Hell, even a generic Klingon in TOS uniform.

Like I said, I'm not investing in any more new Trek like TNG until I get some indication that they are going to at least finish the WoK line.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Isn't it a little childish to wish poor sales on things you don't want, in the hopes that you get things you do? Wouldn't it make more sense to wish success, in the hopes that the company continues to grow, thereby increasing your chances of getting the things you want? There's no reason to believe TOS will not continue, so why are you upset?
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by VulcanFanatic
                    You would think they would have sense enough to realize that TOS is there cash cow but they chose to do no TOS figures at all for wave 8. As much as I love Mego, I hope they have disappointing sales on these obscure figures and realize they need to put TOS figures in every wave going forward.
                    There wasn’t any Trek in wave 5 and everyone survived. There will be more, you’ll just have to wait a little longer. Truth is, they need to explore new directions and build a bigger base so things can grow, otherwise there won’t be any waves to worry about.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      There wasn’t any Trek in wave 5 and everyone survived. There will be more, you’ll just have to wait a little longer. Truth is, they need to explore new directions and build a bigger base so things can grow, otherwise there won’t be any waves to worry about.
                      Exactly! For me at least...there's been a little bit of something in every wave. I realize I can't get everything I want, but so far...I'm pretty DAMMED happy! 😀
                      sigpic

Comment

• k2
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Great lineup, all of the figures aren’t for me but does seem like there is something for everybody. Gandalf is an exciting definite for me, just pre ordered. Has anybody used the add to my loot option for BBTS? I just did it, i may want to go for Picard and Data if they look as good good as TWOK figures

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I'm considering Gandalf, The Fly and Stan the Man...none of the others are really doing it for me, I'll have to see photos. Maaaayybeee Mr. Hyde, IDK...not sure who else I'd be interested in.

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by k2
                            Great lineup, all of the figures aren’t for me but does seem like there is something for everybody. Gandalf is an exciting definite for me, just pre ordered. Has anybody used the add to my loot option for BBTS? I just did it, i may want to go for Picard and Data if they look as good good as TWOK figures
                            I use the BBTS Pile of Loot all the time. That's one of the reasons I order from BBTS (besides being a great retailer overall). If you aren't a 'gotta have it now' collector, POL is the way to go. BBTS prices are usually a couple of dollars more than other e-tailers, but using POL is a huge equalizer for cost and it's fun getting a big box full of different toys and collectibles to dig into!

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by MEGO Kid
                              I'm not buying any more Trek until they finish out the TOS and WoK line. Don't want to end up with just two figures from TNG
                              I have to admit, TNG scares me a bit after only getting Picard and The Borg from EMCE Toys. I sold them for various reasons, one of which is that they did me no good as a standalone set. I am hopeful the Mego Picard uses a soft vinyl, non-painted head, and while I like The Borg, getting Data, a second crew member, is a better choice for me than a non-crew member. I'm sure Mego will make a Borg if Picard and Data sell well enough.

It would be nice to see the rest of the TOS crew get made though. It's not a big deal for me because I have the whole EMCE crew, but it's tough for those that don't have them and see WOK and TNG figures being made.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

Star Trek is a broad universe with so many characters, so those who wish for a McCoy or Chapel, there will be those who would like a Sisko or Janeway. They won't get to everybody, so if someone isn't in a certain wave, just got to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎