Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VulcansFury
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 6, 2014

How are we so close to release without official pics yet?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

License-2-Play still doesn't have pictures, but the wholesale price went up a dollar per figure since I looked last. That's a bummer... They were supposedly "pre-sale only", so I'm not sure how they can raise the price when the pre-sale time has long expired.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        License-2-Play still doesn't have pictures, but the wholesale price went up a dollar per figure since I looked last. That's a bummer... They were supposedly "pre-sale only", so I'm not sure how they can raise the price when the pre-sale time has long expired.
        what is the new price? If its still under 20 then its a better value than FTC
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Last I spoke to L2P, they kept trying to get me to fill out my Wave 8 pre-order. Well, I kinda got the shaft on the Wave 7 pre-order fiasco and waited nearly three extra months to get my stuff because they over sold....so I told her I was a bit fed up and would step back a bit. The L2P gig simply was not what I expected...and this bs of pre-ordering or miss out all together really ticks me off. I do not play that game. I got a tax id and signed up with the expectation they'd be my one-stop-shop....nope....might as well just be buying off any joe-blow because L2P is simply just a middleman themselves. I'd much rather buy from Mego directly instead of dealing with a middleman who is upcharging me...
          And the real gripe is - once L2P sells out, they sell out. No more. Damn. Had I known that, I'd sat on an extra set of Catman and Spaceace...I've gone thru the pain of being a reseller...ad to limit my purchase because they had those two figures packed with other figures not quite as popular...so I really only had about eight each or so to mess with and I had uber close friends already on standby for them...so I hooked them up because that was my deal. Close friends. But now I can't even reorder...smh.

I am no longer going to order cases and cases of figures. The juice ain't worth the squeeze and now that the assortments have gone up from 6 figs per case to 24....I cannot move that much product fast enough to avoid credit interest and takes me out of the hobby realm...then I still have to pay taxes on top of everything...

so, yes. I ordered a single case of monsters and a single scifi case....and when I saw your post, i looked at my receipt...and I have the previous wholesale prices.

Dang. They upped the case prices too....that's only going to mean folks like me are going to have to bump up to $15.99 at a minimum. But in all honesty, $19.99 MSRP should be the price. I know that will irritate a lot of folks but damn....for a business to only make 1-2% on a capital investment is foolish. Basic economics - you cannot front $10 to make $1.50 profit after it's all said and done...and the amount of people who bust your balls over shipping costs and complain about costs...make you bend over backwards to accommodate their special request to get it as cheap as possible...yeah, I ain't got no time for that.

What I have will show up at MM2020 - maybe I will put in a big L2P order to bring...but I certainly don't bank on making any money off Mego figures. I started to help fill my collection and be a supporter of the brand. However, case sizes, assortments, rising prices...is pushing me out with my small allowable budget. I'm simply fortunate to have an understanding wife and a line of credit to float a couple grand while I slowly sell off my dupes or sit on stuff nearly a year before taking it to MM.
          Last edited by noelani72; Jan 8, '20, 7:25 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I don't see how you can even compete with the markdowns that are showing up on a lot of these either.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

^^ I can't. I probably bit off more than I could chew honestly. I dunno...it's hard to explain. It was a lot easier to swallow when it was six figures per box instead of 24. Plus, if memory serves me, it was not assortments...I bought six of X, six of Y, six of Z....now it is, buy 24 and get 8 Freddys (good gawd I have boxes of unsold Freddys) 8 pennywise and then four of one figure and four of another. Instantly short packing figures...at far more money.

I'm just disappointed at how L2P works...
              Plus, something that may not have been discussed yet is the minimum order $$ amount...it too is an issue. You have to have a minimum order of $250. A case of Mego is just under that, so you have no choice but buy two cases....when you really can't or don't want to.

no freaking wonder Headless Horseman is pulling in $50 on eBay.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

^^ totally agree with you. The minimum was an issue even before they switched to master case sales only. I ended up trying to decide whether I wanted a bunch of extra glow bodies (glow Frankenstein), or extra clear bodies (invisible man) in order to bump the purchase over the minimum last time. I still have 8 pennywise sitting in their boxes that will probably come and stare at your pennywise across the isle at Mego Meet.

I also balked at L2P telling me wave 8 was pre-order only without any visual on the product. Like you said, it moves quickly beyond the hobby stage to floating debt if you cannot sell a product that is pretty much undercut by trying to keep things at or around the Target price even after shipping is figured in.

It would be great to purchase directly from MEGO corp, but I am figuring they are still so much in infancy that they don't have the employee power to manage that, thus the shopping it out to a middle distributor.

I am still pretty excited to see what the Fly and the Stan Lee look like when they come out, and I think their general plan of Sci Fi, pop culture, and monsters is good. I just wish they would make the cases a little more even. I would even go so far as to say they should just go ahead and create/ship 6 different figures per box per wave. No chase, no excess. If they did that and also allowed for solid case pack add-ons of the small 6 figure box, I would be just fine with purchasing the master case box.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Well that explains why Pennywise is mark way down, the dealer gets stuck with him...I wish they had done to happy version, at least that one I could use in my ReMego Circus I am building.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Looks like there is a further delay on the wave because of the coronavirus, ports have been shut down, and the expected arival time in the US is now mid march.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

At this point with the Cornovirus, we may be lucky if we ever get anymore Mego before we all die... I kid. Sort of.

Does anyone know anybody that has the Headless Horseman? These things have typically been in abundance, but I never saw any of Wave 7 and I can't find HH at all, except if I want to pay like $50.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        Does anyone know anybody that has the Headless Horseman? These things have typically been in abundance, but I never saw any of Wave 7 and I can't find HH at all, except if I want to pay like $50.
                        In my feed somebody just showed off finding one at WM, they're being replenished right now. Even if you don't have a participating WM in your location, try ordering it to your store for pick up?
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                          In my feed somebody just showed off finding one at WM, they're being replenished right now. Even if you don't have a participating WM in your location, try ordering it to your store for pick up?
                          Good idea. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

Unfortunately right now none of my Walmarts are carrying Mego and the only ones on Walmart's website at the moment are from third party sites charging $60, yikes!

Hopefully it shows up.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                            Good idea. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

Unfortunately right now none of my Walmarts are carrying Mego and the only ones on Walmart's website at the moment are from third party sites charging $60, yikes!

Hopefully it shows up.
                            I don't know how the "Ship to Store" works but Steve is a wizard at it,
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

License-2-Play just changed the availability date for wave 8 to May 1st!

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                                Banned
                                • Jan 24, 2009

License-2-Play just changed the availability date for wave 8 to May 1st!
                                And canceled the Gandalf, and put Michael Myers and Leatherface up for preorder!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎