• Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

I am so sorry this has happened.

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

My condolences to his family and those of you that counted Mike as a friend.
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

That's horrible news. Very sorry to hear this.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

This is so sad to hear. I didn't really know Mike well but what I did know seemed incredibly nice. We went to high school in the same neighborhood, him to the Catholic and me the public school. He was now living in the same town as my father-in-law and was kind enough to give me his number and info about flea markets in his area. He really brought a lot of Mego joy to the NW.

My thoughts go out to his family. If there is any info on sending any type of support to his family, please relay it here.
          Last edited by Wee67; Oct 29, '19, 3:24 PM.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I feel foolish because I didn't realize who this was immediately, until I checked his avatar. This is terrible and saddening, my condolences to his family and friends.

I have a certain vintage item in my collection from Mike that I cherish, to me it's a reminder of how kind and enthusiastic he was in our hobby.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show... He had such an excitement for the hobby and for the people in it.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by sprytel
                I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show...
                That was such a cool idea. He will be missed.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

After much conversation on here with Mike over the years, I first met him at the Portland (OR) Expo Antique Show about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't know him really well but we became FB friends and when he came up to Seattle for the Lake City Toy Show I would stop by his booth first. Introduced him to my wife and son a few years back. We just saw him two weekends ago at the show in Seattle. I went back before we left to say goodbye but he wasn't there (presuming he was taking a break). I can't imagine what he was going through and my heart breaks for a guy - and his family - who had so much passion for toys, Mego specifically.

RIP Mike - you will be missed.

-Chris

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

I didn't know Mike very well but we did talk a few times on here. When I first read the thread I knew it wasn't going to end well, but I hoped he was going to find himself then come back around. Depression gets a grip on some of us, and it's hard to understand when you don't have it.

I tell me my close friends all the time don't be stingy about telling people how you feel about them because tomorrow is not guaranteed and one day you might not that chance. My neighbor died last month. He had a fire and ice personality and I didn't talk to him much the last few years, but the things he did I didn't like doesn't change the fact that he's gone now.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                      I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show... He had such an excitement for the hobby and for the people in it.
                      I forgot about that. When you go back and look, he was a true Museum guy.

The highs and lows of depression...just six months ago he was here raving about vintage toy shows. I hope anyone here who feels like they need to talk just to get it out, will do so.

Comment

• Godzilla
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 3, 2002

Tragic is the only word I can think of. Our world needs more people like him.
                        Mortui Vivos Docent
                        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• VintageMike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2004

Really sorry to hear about this. Some people here may know I've been going through my own issues this year and I can speak first hand that's a tough, tough battle. My thoughts go out to his family. Talking does help but I will say this in the event it helps anyone else. I sought medical help and therapy (which I'm still doing) that got me past the hardest part.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Very sad news

My condolences to his family and friends

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

A Go Fund Me has been established for Mike's family.

As many of you know this week we lost a much loved father, husband, friend and member of our commun… Timothea Sutton needs your support for McClafferty Family
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎