Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike McSix is missing

Images
    I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show... He had such an excitement for the hobby and for the people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show...
    That was such a cool idea. He will be missed.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

After much conversation on here with Mike over the years, I first met him at the Portland (OR) Expo Antique Show about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't know him really well but we became FB friends and when he came up to Seattle for the Lake City Toy Show I would stop by his booth first. Introduced him to my wife and son a few years back. We just saw him two weekends ago at the show in Seattle. I went back before we left to say goodbye but he wasn't there (presuming he was taking a break). I can't imagine what he was going through and my heart breaks for a guy - and his family - who had so much passion for toys, Mego specifically.

RIP Mike - you will be missed.

-Chris

Images
    I didn't know Mike very well but we did talk a few times on here. When I first read the thread I knew it wasn't going to end well, but I hoped he was going to find himself then come back around. Depression gets a grip on some of us, and it's hard to understand when you don't have it.

I tell me my close friends all the time don't be stingy about telling people how you feel about them because tomorrow is not guaranteed and one day you might not that chance. My neighbor died last month. He had a fire and ice personality and I didn't talk to him much the last few years, but the things he did I didn't like doesn't change the fact that he's gone now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    I keep thinking of the many great events he posted about here... like renting out the movie theater to screen King Kong and put on a toy show... He had such an excitement for the hobby and for the people in it.
    I forgot about that. When you go back and look, he was a true Museum guy.

The highs and lows of depression...just six months ago he was here raving about vintage toy shows. I hope anyone here who feels like they need to talk just to get it out, will do so.

Images
    Tragic is the only word I can think of. Our world needs more people like him.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Images
    Really sorry to hear about this. Some people here may know I've been going through my own issues this year and I can speak first hand that's a tough, tough battle. My thoughts go out to his family. Talking does help but I will say this in the event it helps anyone else. I sought medical help and therapy (which I'm still doing) that got me past the hardest part.

Images
    Very sad news

My condolences to his family and friends
    .................................................. .......................

Blog Entries
    A Go Fund Me has been established for Mike's family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mcclaffer...re5tsbWMENsjsw