X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Adventures of Superman

Watching the episode where the 10 yr old girl wins a contest to go around the world with Superman and he says they will he back in 2 hours. That's just about 10,000 miles an hour. And she is just in her street clothes. Pretty sure the wind resistance alone would have cooked her skin.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

more like 12,450.775 mph. Superman's protective aura kept her safe.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

She could not see anything if they went around the world in 2hrs so what is the point?
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        ... Superman's protective aura kept her safe.
        Since when does he have one--I thought that was The Flash?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

Byrne’s run said he had an aura is why his clothes never tore or got dirty except his cape

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Byrne--phhtt. Superman's aura is charm and tact.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Yep Byrne's dealie, how else would he be able to fly people around like that otherwise? I'm more wondering how he can catch Lois in a free fall and not have her break her neck or something from the sudden stop.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Well Byrne's aura only extended a few millimeters and while it kept his costume from being shredded it did not protect his cape. Plus by the time of the flight Superman had cured her blindness. Thus the blind girl won the contest but a sighted girl took the trip. Finally yes an equatorial round trip would be 12 thousand mph but thus trip went from Metropolis and over London and Paris and such. That was why I lowered my estimate to 10,000 mph.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Guess that would depend on where Metropolis is. Given that Los Angeles was used for shots in the show perhaps its in California.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎