Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart building shaded parking spots for people too lazy to do their own shopping.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    I find it funny how often people are complaining about Millennials,
    As I explained it's actually meant to be more self depreciating than anything. Just me "old person yelling at clouds" poking fun at pointless stuff that for whatever reason strikes me as darkly humorous.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Wow! Had a GREAT first experience with this service.

Couldn't be easier. Did all my shopping on my phone. Submitted it. Remembered a few things, so I added them. Picked my hour window. Let them know I was coming.

Lady was happy and pleasant. Very prompt and efficient.

Remember when Earth2Chris first posted the commercial for this with all the 80s famous cars pulling up? Well, it's almost that cool.

I know it's not cool to like WalMart, but dang... I feel like this is how Jane Jetson would do her grocery shopping.

Best of all, I no longer have to spend that time every week to do my shopping. Week after week after week... think of the time. Today I was able to mow the lawn for the Trick or Treaters, and get dinner ready for my family without feeling rushed or stressed.

So glad this exists, and glad they are building shaded protection for their workers in the heat or in the snow. Smart.

Game Changer.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

As Zod as my witness I will never again poke fun at Smashmouth, Nickleback or anything else that is not related to 70s or 80s culture. I promise I will only tease 70s and 80s stuff from now on. But I'm still not giving up my outdated 80s slang. That is not negotiable.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
          As Zod as my witness I will never again poke fun at Smashmouth, Nickleback or anything else that is not related to 70s or 80s culture. I promise I will only tease 70s and 80s stuff from now on. But I'm still not giving up my outdated 80s slang. That is not negotiable.
          Tubular!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
            Tubular!
            Totally tubular to the max!

Finally someone gets my humor.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

First post didn't seem in jest.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                First post didn't seem in jest.
                I've been here very a long time. Hopefully people get my bizarre sense of humor by now. By my second post in the thread I had already said not to take it seriously and was clear from then on I was being a self depreciating old person yelling out clouds. I even edit my first post to make it totally clear.

Seriously, though, we do mock 70s and 80s fashion and culture often and fairly unmercifully and no one bats an eye. I wasn't even actually calling Millennials lazy. I was poking fun that Gen-X was stereotyped and ridiculed for being lazy and yet millennials are the ones that are being targeted by businesses with the new pick up shopping.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  Don't Nickleback and Smashmouth kind of just speak for themselves in lameness?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎