Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart building shaded parking spots for people too lazy to do their own shopping.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
    Curious what this subject has to do with modern toys ?
    Because I buy my toys at Walmart? I guess for the same reason classic toys also has discussions on fashion, movies and culture. We often mock 70s and 80s culture in classic toys so I thought this would be the place to have a spot of fun at the expense of modern culture. In other words, it's just me enjoying a bit of old person yelling at clouds type of dark humor.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 26, '19, 10:38 AM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Being called a slacker has never stopped hurting.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

When somebody else can make a peach flavored sparkling water as good as Clear American (Walmart), then I might consider shopping somewhere else for soda

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

What always strikes me as again darkly humorous about this kind of stuff is (and I am just speaking in general here) it's okay to poke fun at Gen-X. Heck, we do it to ourselves all the time. But if we give the Boomers or Millennials even the gentlest ribbing people get in a snit. Again, we have no problem insulting ourselves and Boomers and Millennials certainly like to insult and blame us. But if you poke fun that sandals with shorts is now considered formal attire or manbuns or people not wearing shoes on airplanes you are evil incarnate. And we are supposed to be the whiney, lazy and self absorbed generation? If that's true Boomers and Millennials are us turned up to 11.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Don't mean to offend anyone. You guys post what you want wherever. Not that important to me.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

I’ve had my groceries delivered to my apartment for well over a decade. After doing traditional grocery shopping here in NYC for the first few years that I lived here, and without a car, like most residents, I turned to delivery via online shopping. It’s just so much easier.

Speaking of small Target stores. They’re popping up all over Manhattan. Some are the size of a CVS, some are about twice that size and there are a couple of traditional sized stores.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                Don't mean to offend anyone. You guys post what you want wherever. Not that important to me.
                Thanks,...…. was contemplating if I should make a "what brand hemorrhoid cream do you use?" thread.

Now I feel emboldened

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                  Thanks,...…. was contemplating if I should make a "what brand hemorrhoid cream do you use?" thread.

Now I feel emboldened
                  I think your humor is even more self deprecating than mine. This beats my old person yelling at clouds by a mile.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I think they should have shaded spots for people who leave their pets in their cars. Maybe even for the people who leave their kids in their cars...

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

They do, they're called jail cells.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by B-Lister
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I think the shaded construction is probably more for the workers than the consumer who stays in their car. I'm sure the employees in my area will appreciate it when the snow hits.

I'm doing my first pickup this afternoon. My wife recommended it, and the way I see it, any convenience that gets me more time with my daughter and wife is a plus.

It's those Baby Boomers who were truly lazy... that greatest generation who were so privileged to have milk delivered to their door.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by B-Lister
                            I agree with this.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

I find it funny how often people are complaining about Millennials, when most of the time they people they are referring to are not even within the Millennial age group but are part of the next batch.

As for this... Honestly, it's brilliant. I don't know about the shaded part, but not having to go in to Walmart? That sounds like a blessing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji

It's those Baby Boomers who were truly lazy... that greatest generation who were so privileged to have milk delivered to their door.
                                To be totally fair that was before the rise and take over of the dairy industry by massive corporate farms. Milk used to come from local farms and was delivered fresh. This was also because of the lack of refrigeration. Once refrigeration became more common place and again because of the decline of local farms home delivery was already in decline by the 1950s. Hah, yeah, I know too much info. My grandparents and great grandparents were farmers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎