Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart building shaded parking spots for people too lazy to do their own shopping.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Walmart building shaded parking spots for people too lazy to do their own shopping.

To apparently entice Millennials Walmart is building shaded parking spots so people can sit there and have their shopping brought to them. I have to roll my eyes at stuff like this. Especially considering how the Boomers criticized Gen-X as being lazy. Stores didn't build us "special" shaded parking areas because we were too lazy to do our own shopping. It won't kill people to walk a few steps and buy their own junk.

[edit] To be totally clear. It's just a joke. Don't take it too seriously.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 28, '19, 11:22 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I work at a grocery store and they stated a thing a couple years ago called curbside where you order your groceries online, you park at a designated spot, they bring groceries to your car and you pay there through credit or debit. It was small at first now more and more people are using it. the carts they use are big and awkward and I have seen people online complain about it when doing regular shopping that these are always in the way. I'm not a fan of it, have we gotten so use to having everything being convenient for us now we don't do our own grocery shopping?

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
      To apparently entice Millennials Walmart is building shaded parking spots so people can sit there and have their shopping brought to them. I have to roll my eyes at stuff like this. Especially considering how the Boomers criticized Gen-X as being lazy. Stores didn't build us "special" shaded parking areas because we were too lazy to do our own shopping. It won't kill people to walk a few steps and buy their own junk.
      Why do you assume they're lazy? Could be people with walking difficulties like my sister who either can't feel her legs at all, or else they swell up, turn beet red and feel like they're on fire. People often roll their eyes or make rude comments to her when she uses her handicap tag to park close to the door because she doesn't "look" handicapped.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Why do you assume they're lazy?
        This was, obviously, not in anyway directed at handicapped people or handicapped parking places. It was just me finding it darkly humorous that the Gen-X generation was considered the lazy one when Millennials are encouraged to not even have to do their own shopping. I'm always the first to admit my humor is a little off. So please don't take it too seriously. But don't even get me started that they are now building tiny Target stores just to cater to Millennials. Back in my day we didn't get special tiny Target stores. We had to shop at the same regular sized Target stores as everyone else did and like it!
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Because of an incident in my youth, supermarkets give me crippling anxiety. I get very uncomfortable in them, and have even experienced full blown panic attacks. The less time I have to spend inside one, the better.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

I know we don't go for memes much on here, but as Gen-X, I love this one:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
              I know we don't go for memes much on here, but as Gen-X, I love this one:
              I have zero problems with Gen Z. But as a Gen-Xer I'm constantly aware we are stuck between two very entitled generations (Boomers and Millennials) who thinks no one has ever had it as bad as they have.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ !!!

*building*?… Walshaft as well as other big box stores, along with high schools, office buildings, and public parking lots out here in west have had shade structures for years. They also tend to be covered in solar panels… goodness knows we need some safe and clean energy these days. <scorns PG&E!>

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

As a Millennial, I resent the notion! Hehe
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    This was, obviously, not in anyway directed at handicapped people or handicapped parking places. It was just me finding it darkly humorous that the Gen-X generation was considered the lazy one when Millennials are encouraged to not even have to do their own shopping. I'm always the first to admit my humor is a little off. So please don't take it too seriously.
                    No harm no foul...I was just looking at it from a different perspective.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I do Walmart pick-up twice a month for groceries

Seems like the carriers are always the nicest people ever …

I slip them tips even though they're not allowed to accept them

Guess i'm just lazy even though i'm on the cusp of a Baby Boomer and a Gen X'er

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I just don't shop at Walmart. Problem solved. Aldi and bogo at Publix gets our grocery money. Every retailer chain is doing curbside or delivery to keep up with Amazon, not just to strictly pander to lazy people.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Alcohol places were great in Australia, it was basically drive through, they would load U up, pay and drive on.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

Curious what this subject has to do with modern toys ?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm curious as to why that piques your curiosity.

I'm sure, had you contacted a mod, that the thread could be moved to General Buzz.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎