Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I look at these movies thru my kids eyes (because that’s who they’re made for - not some 50 year old dude). Both my sons liked it. That’s good enough for me.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

My second viewing was very emotional for me. I took my Wife and Daughter, but also my Mom and Dad, who of course took me as a kid. Three generations getting to experience something like that is profoundly meaningful to me. Best Christmas present ever.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Loved it, it was beautiful and maybe (in time) will be one of the best SW films of all time.

RIP Carrie Fisher.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I heard all the leaks, and skipped this one! Hate everything they put in this movie.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Saw it yesterday, I enjoyed it but felt it was underserved by the first two installments. There wasn't sufficient build up here. Still, I thought they did some good things with it and it ended in a satisfying manner. I'll probably watch it again, which can't always say for SW films these days.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
              Three generations getting to experience something like that is profoundly meaningful to me.
              Wow, that's awesome you were able to experience it like that.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                To Fear is Not Logical...
                • Feb 17, 2008

My second viewing was very emotional for me. I took my Wife and Daughter, but also my Mom and Dad, who of course took me as a kid. Three generations getting to experience something like that is profoundly meaningful to me. Best Christmas present ever.
                That is so neat. My kids wanted my wife's mom to come with us to see it, so she did and we all had a great time, too! The biggest compliment I can give this movie is that it made me want to go play afterwards. I didn't need to analyze it or figure out the deep meaning or symbolism or anything like that. Same way I enjoy something like the Captain Marvel movie serial from the 1940s or John Carter, I enjoy this as that kind of adventure.
                It's all good!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to hear of multiple generations going together. No grandparents on our trip, but myself, my wife, my 12 year old, my 18 year old and his girlfriend all had a great time. Just an enjoyable film. That's all I ask of these.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

I found it to be an utter mess of a film, both from pacing and editing.

The scene transitions are, at times, jarring and takes you completely out of the movie. There were some amazingly shot sequences and scenes that bring out the best in JJ, but the pressure to tie EVERYTHING together in the third installment of a trilogy where director no.2(which is an apt description) left off proved too much to overcome. I'm still trying to recover my left retina after my extreme eyeroll during the climactic battle.

Despite all of the deficiencies I saw, I still mostly liked this. TLJ is a turd on the Outer Rim, so they retconed a few of those plot points/gaps nicely. I'm not sure how this will hold up from another viewing. Two years ago I went on back to back days. I loved it the first night and was blown away the second on just how bad it really was.
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• apenutncc1701
                      • Aug 9, 2009

I LOVED this Movie!! I felt like this was a very satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker story. I think they did an excellent job of weaving the footage of Carrie Fisher into the movie. Yes there were a lot of loose ends to tie up, but to me it didn't feel rushed. I know many people don't like it, and that's ok. To each his own. I was 11 when STAR WARS came out in 1977. I felt the same excitement today at 54 as I did then. Remember, the Force will be with you Always.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I'm going to be super careful not to touch upon spoilers here.

From what I've read there's definitely a bit of clean up on aisle 5 going on after what happened in Last Jedi. I'm not knocking Last Jedi, I don't hate it and taking it on its own, it's fine. But as the middle part of a trilogy and a smaller part of a much larger series of movies, it definitely spent way too much time and energy trying to deconstruct the mythology and characters of SW than trying to continue the story set up in Force Awakens. I think Rise of Skywalker does the right amount of course correction and ties up the story and characters of the SW movies in very satisfying way.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 25, '19, 1:18 PM. Reason: typos
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

My wife and I saw it this afternoon and both really enjoyed it.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

Backing up a bit. I saw multi-generation family groups when I went to see The Force Awakens and Rogue One. One of the times I saw Rogue One I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the row not related to someone else.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

just saw it earlier as a xmas gift to myself and enjoyed it, wrapped it up nicely.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

Got to see it today, and I was definitely satisfied. It's not perfect, of course, but it hit several good chords for me, and I liked it overall.
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎