X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I liked it very much, thank you.

I think whatever side of Last Jedi you fall (I happen to like it a lot), you have to agree that wrapping up the storyline is a HUGE task. I would not want the job, but I have to hand it to JJ Abrams. He pulled it off.

I can't believe we got 9 Saga films... I'm in that future we dreamed of as kids. And the fact that Maestro Williams scored all nine is enough to get me emotional. What a career accomplishment!

Comment

• YoungOnce
      Career Member
      • Aug 29, 2007

If you can take away the weight of it being the wrap up to a nine movie saga, and just enjoy it for a fun romp through the Star Wars universe, you should enjoy it fine.

I didn’t enjoy TLJ all that much. I’m sure that for me, that had a lot to do with the fact that at that point I could tell that there was no story-plan at all for this trilogy. JJ had a tough job reconciling the two previous movies.

But if you look at TROS as what George Lucas’s original inspiration was; the old serial adventures of yore, then this movie delivers that feeling throughout. Lots of fan service and call backs... that seems to be anathema to some of the critics who are dissing the movie, but they made me smile quite a bit.

I liked it.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Loved "Star Wars" 1977

Thought "Empire" was too complicated and meh

Kinda liked "Jedi" cause it was fun

Prequels were CRAZY boring and sucked major azz

New movies are like watching season-2 episodes of Buck Rogers (hard to explain, but yous know what I mean)

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

I really liked The Rise of Skywalker.

I'm especially really happy with some scenes that were included.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

gonna try and get in to see it today. really hope it is not sold out

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I loved Last Jedi. But this one? Overall I enjoyed it. There were things I didn't like, but nothing that I hated.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

For Me, it was 'Meh'...In My Top 6 (If you include Rogue & Solo in the Mix)...otherwise...Top 4.

The sad thing, to me, was that I don't think it could have been any better trying to resolve/address the Loose Ends & Plot Points from previous movies...it could have been better if they didn't have to cram things into just one movie and allowed the Characters to breathe & develop more back story...but they had this 'self-imposed' 9-Chapter Deadline to finish the Arc...so, they tied their own hands.

Again...I think this is the best it could have been, but I walked out at the end feeling 'Meh'...Glad I paid Matinee Prices...though I will see it again with My Wife who missed out, I just don't think it will make me like it more the second time around.

Just My Opinion...Worth Less then 2 Cents (with Inflation)
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i really liked it, so did my wife and daughter. I think they did a great job wrapping things up. I also think they finally fleshed out Finn and Poe and made me actually care about them. going to go see it again during Christmas week

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

didn't watch any trailers, didn't pay any attention to any media.
                    Didn't care for TLJ the minute they had Luke toss his saber over his shoulder..

went last night with the Boy.

first half or one third of the show was meh, yawn.
                    last half was a lot to digest, but was nice to see loose ends finally wrapped up.

there were several times where I found myself reacting to specific things.
                    there were two specific scenes that managed to tap into my hidden child and made me "feel"....made me experience Ep4, 5, and 6 all together in two milliseconds for some reason - so they did something right connecting my generation to this new stuff.

I left the theater feeling, meh. Somehow, I want to blurt out and exclaim to the mountain tops....but my guard is terribly up. It's like I am experiencing the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". Something about that last hour does seem to have made up for the failures of Ep7 and Ep8.

Comment

• acrovader
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2011

Deeply flawed movie, then again, the sequel trilogy is quite crap. HOWEVER, with all its problems, there were some elements of the movie I really liked (more so than the other 2 sequels). The biggest issues for me is the hectic pace and all the conveniences and contrivances of the plot. However, I really enjoyed that the movie was much more visually rich the Ep. 7 & Ep. 8.
                      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

No complaints whatsoever from this guy. 10/10 in my book. I'll gladly accept any label given to me for my love of Star Wars, but doggone it, it was good to feel like a kid in the theater once again.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                          No complaints whatsoever from this guy. 10/10 in my book.
                          I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds really good to me.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                            No complaints whatsoever from this guy. 10/10 in my book. I'll gladly accept any label given to me for my love of Star Wars, but doggone it, it was good to feel like a kid in the theater once again.
                            you're right, it did make me feel like a kid again. I really had fun. it's a Star Wars movie, not Shakespeare. it's supposed to be a fun romp. none of the movies have had an overly strong plot. just enjoy it, be a kid at heart again, have fun.

I am going again later this week.

movie made 175.5 million domestically for the weekend. not too shabby

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              I'm happy you enjoyed it so much.
                              Thank you. That means a lot to me.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

^Glad you had fun Andy. I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎