Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I have no faith in the internet consensus when it comes to properties with neo-religious fan bases. I've thought movies with a 99% fresh were lame and I've cheered at ones with 14% ratings.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      I have no faith in the internet consensus when it comes to properties with neo-religious fan bases. I've thought movies with a 99% fresh were lame and I've cheered at ones with 14% ratings.
      Agreed. But I just didn’t like the movies except for Rogue One and to a lesser extent, Solo. So I’m going from past experiences, so it’s a rental for me. Having said that, loving The Mandalorian.
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
        Agreed. But I just didn’t like the movies except for Rogue One and to a lesser extent, Solo. So I’m going from past experiences, so it’s a rental for me. Having said that, loving The Mandalorian.
        And I thought Rogue one was the worst one, just goes to show that it's all relative. I liked Solo and agree that Mandalorian is a lot of fun.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Trapped in Paradise, Jingle all the Way, and Christmas with the Kranks always make someone's worst holiday movie list, and by God I think they're classics. I don't hate the prequels either. I'm not a SW fanatic but honestly my hopes are in whatever comes after Rise of Skywalker. I'm taking my kids and some of their friends tomorrow night and I hope they enjoy it.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Jingle all the way? Oh Moore, you had a spotless record with me too, -1.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

As long as it is better than that mess called The Last Jedi I will be happy.

We're going to see it tomorrow...
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Of the new movies I like Rogue One and Last Jedi the least. I don't think they are bad movies I just didn't enjoy them as much as Solo or Force Awakens. On the Prequel movies, people seem to hate them with a passion or blindly worship. All hyperbole aside, they are just kind of meh to me at this point. I don't think they are all that great but they certainly don't make me mad or anything either and I did really like the Clone Wars animated series. Haven't seen Mandalorian. Looks perfectly fine, though.

My unpopular movie opinion: I love the Minions. I think they are adorable.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Jingle all the way? Oh Moore, you had a spotless record with me too, -1.
                  That was close - I was headed to the PO tomorrow with your "Eh It's Turboman!" custom. I was going to start a tradition where I mailed you a custom from the movie each year as a gift. Jim Belushi would have kicked ***......Arnie, Sinbad, Earth T Anakin, Phil Hartman, Robert Conrad, Mrs. Tom Hanks, Chris Parnell - best cast ever assembled

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I forgot Harvey Korman and Martin Mull!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      Of the new movies I like Rogue One and Last Jedi the least. I don't think they are bad movies I just didn't enjoy them as much as Solo or Force Awakens. On the Prequel movies, people seem to hate them with a passion or blindly worship. All hyperbole aside, they are just kind of meh to me at this point. I don't think they are all that great but they certainly don't make me mad or anything either and I did really like the Clone Wars animated series. Haven't seen Mandalorian. Looks perfectly fine, though.

My unpopular movie opinion: I love the Minions. I think they are adorable.
                      Man, I’m on board with pretty much everything you wrote. I like parts of Last Jedi a lot, but I think it’s a mess story wise. I’m not all that motivated to see Rise, but I at least want to finish the “story”. I guess.

I don’t consider myself much of a writer, but even I know it would be wise to work out your trilogy by writing the entire thing at once.

The Mandalorian is the closest thing in tone to the original trilogy yet. I dislike the Xena: Warrior Princess vibe, but there’s a lot to like otherwise. Before that, I would have said Solo was the closest.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

I enjoy them all in their own rite. TLJ is probably the least favorite but I still like it. I am looking forward to ROS but in all honesty, the excitement for a new SW movie is just not there anymore. I was really excited for Force Awakens because the promise of the original cast, but then they never had them all together so it was a tease, but I did still like it

I think the biggest issue with the new characters is they are all one dimensional, with the exception maybe of Rey. You just can't really care about them because they are just poorly written characters

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Saw a 2D screening today. Won't post any spoilers, I'll just say that it wraps up the Sequel Trilogy in a satisfactory way.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

I just got back from seeing it as well. 2D here too..

I honestly was anxious as the movie started. That seemed an odd feeling to have but I really wanted a good movie and came away feeling pretty good.

There's a ton going on in it, and yes there's fan service for people that know what to look for. As stated above, it does wrap most everything up and I do want to see it in the theater again.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Read the spoilers on Wikipedia. If that's the movie, it sounds good to me.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

An enjoyable time at the movies, with charismatic actors, great visuals, and exciting world, that isn't exactly explained completely. That was the original Star Wars, as is Rise of Skywalker. I really enjoyed it. Very fitting ending for the saga.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎