X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I’m shocked I liked it.

I hate being wrong...because I HATED Last Jedi...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I like them all, but Rise was very satisfying.

Over the years, I've grown very weary of arguing about Star Wars on the internet. It's hard to change anyone's mind.

I'm probably simple minded, but I'm completely able to turn off the part of me that wants Star Wars to be a certain way, and just enjoy it the way it is. I feel bad for the haters of Rise of Skywalker, because I found it delightful.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Amen Hedji. Star Wars fandom is literally eating itself. I really can't understand the huge backlash against this film. Is it perfect? No. Does it make stuff up as it goes along? Yes. But the original trilogy did too.

I greatly enjoyed it. A great capper to the saga, in my opinion.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
          Career Member
          • Aug 29, 2007

Yes. I feel the same way. It’s not a perfect movie but at least it FEELS like Star Wars.

At this point, none of us are 12 years old anymore and if a movie can take you back there for even just a few moments, then that’s a big WIN in my book.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I agree, not perfect by any means, but was fun and that's what I was looking for.

Also Disney+ will have it available to stream on May the 4th!
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

It’s ok. I think it really shows that the whole trilogy wasn’t planned out at the start.

It’s not a popular opinion, but I liked Last Jedi for moving in a very different direction And I was willing to go with them into whatever new thing the force was going to become by teaming up Rey and Kylo (At least, it looked like that was what they were going to do...), but then they backtracked, brought in a villain they knew everyone liked already (because there was no way it was going to be Kylo Ren) and just kind of ended with a poof instead a bang.

But, again, the last movie was ok.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

the whole trilogy was definitely hurt by the fact there was no plan mapped out. I enjoy each of the movies in this last trilogy but Rise of Skywalker is the best of the 3. Last Jedi would have worked better had they started a different direction in Force Awakens but to have FA and then this total about face with TLJ just did not work. But JJ did the best he could to bring it back around and give it some sort of cohesive ending. I liked it but I probably will never have a nostalgic feeling for it the way I do the original trilogy. I don't even have much nostalgia for the prequels. they were my childrens trilogy, but even my son who is now 19 and as a child was all about Anakin and Darth Maul, agrees the original trilogy are the best SW movies

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                  At this point, none of us are 12 years old anymore and if a movie can take you back there for even just a few moments, then that’s a big WIN in my book.
                  Truer words have never been written...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Its hitting Disney Plus on May the Fourth
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

I watched it,it was okay. I think it would have been better if Kylo/Ben had survived. Too many downers for my taste. And that to me at least is the Sequels biggest flaw. Han dies in the first film,Luke dies in the second and Leia dies in the third. Got no problems with the films overall,just that.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎