X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

My Walmart.com trial run

I haven't seen this mentioned in a while. Walmart.com now carries several figures from the later waves. Not third party sellers; legit walmart.com inventory.

While I was tempted to load up on Spocks for under $11, I went with a figure I didn't have instead. Factoring into that was that I also just bought a ton of clearance figures from Target thanks to a tip or three from Lonnie. Anyway, I ordered online on a Monday afternoon, and received notification Wednesday morning that the figure was ready for pick-up. I grabbed it on my way home from work, and here are pics. The pick-up line was short, the figure was well-packed, and the card and figure itself were in perfect shape.

I also received a batch of my Target order around the same time. Box was damaged, packed half-***, and everything inside whether boxed or carded had signs of wear. All items were slated for customs, so I didn't care, but I wouldn't want to risk Target if I intended to keep something MIB/MOC.

I'm pretty excited about the Walmart angle, and am going to make another order this week, for multiple figures. If Walmart nails down the entire assortment, I think it will be the end of the third party sellers who got into Mego to make money on mark-up. If I want to make sure I get a specific figure shipped to me in primo shape, I'll look for Chad Gordy. If I'm buying for price/loose and can't find it in stores - which has been the case for me so far on a lot of stuff - I'll click and ship with whoever can get the figure to me cheapest.

Steve
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I was so want them to start with wave 7 but I have plenty of the others.

It is good to hear that ordering from Walmart.com works out will give them a chance once they add some I do not have.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

WM's pricing makes almost as much sense as Targets

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
        Banned
        • Jan 24, 2009

It probably depends which distribution center handles your order. Several years ago I ordered some DVDs from Walmart, had them delivered. One looked like it had been used as a hockey puck and stepped on. Another time I ordered a game and had it shipped to the store for pick up. It was in a paper envelope and was smashed nearly flat. To say the least, I got a refund for it. Haven't ordered from them since online.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I had no problems with Walmart when I ordered my Freddy Kruger figure from them when he first came out.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

So this should explain Target finally liquidating inventory of Tootie and company...

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Still diddly squat on Walmart.ca
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 23, 2019

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                Still diddly squat on Walmart.ca
                You saw the ones at hudsonsbay.ca ? They don’t have much, and have not restocked...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎