X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

DC Comics action figures from mcfarlane toys

I Am sorry to ask this question,but were the DC Comics action figures from McFarlane toys revealed anywhere yet?
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Not yet.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I know someone who saw them but had to sign an NDA but he did remark that they were really nice.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
        I know someone who saw them but had to sign an NDA but he did remark that they were really nice.
        Knowing his love for monsters, I really hope he produces a couple Swamp Thing figures...one from the new TV series and one from the original film.

The late Dick Durock deserves a figure.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I would love to see more of th DC Comics supernatural show up, they get passed over way to much.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I'm basing McFarlane's Fortnite figures on how I think The DC line will look.

Comment

• fun guy
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by powersthatbe
              I'm basing McFarlane's Fortnite figures on how I think The DC line will look.
              Cool,man.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I posted this link in the other thread about the topic that Palitoy started when the deal was announced, but it has an interview with McFarlane that talks about his plans for the line of DC figures...

https://www.newsarama.com/44134-todd...l-with-dc.html

some of the highlights...

In recent years DC has produced a number if artist-specific lines ranging from Jim Lee to Ivan Reis; could the same be happening, with a McFarlane-designed line of DC action figures? Short answer: "yes."

“I think the answer is yes. Now, do I want to do designs based on TV shows as well? Of course I do. Then do I want to do an interpretation of comic book-designed look, yes. So if people like those, we’ll give them to them," McFarlane said. "Now, if DC says, 'We just need a cool looking Batman,' then I get to put on my Todd McFarlane hat and go 'Okay, what’s that look like?' They’re pretty wide open to most of our suggestions. I’m not saying they’re going to approve every little thing we put out to them, but they’re saying if I have a cool idea in my head, then show it to them.”

But that’s the thing though, what does Todd McFarlane visualize when he thinks of cool? As he said, "cool" is "a big word."

“It all depends on my age,” he explained. “If I’m 25 and not a comic book collector, I may want something from the movies. Take for example, Aquaman, if you took everybody that reads the comic book today and got them to go to the movie, it would have made maybe half a million dollars. Instead it made a billion worldwide. That tells me that not just comic readers are going to these movies, but people who just like the concept of superheroes. That doesn’t always mean they like comic books.”

He went on to say that he feels that the entire planet is “drunk on superhero type of storytelling” and how he wants to take that hunger into consideration.

“That 25-year-old is probably going to want something that looks like what he saw coming out of the theater. A six-year-old kid and his mom who buys something for his birthday, might not be as discriminatory. She might want something at a value, doesn’t look like it’ll break in a week, and something with a bulk to it so it can be played with. It’s a toy! Take both of these people and put them at the store together both wanting Aquaman because he’s sort of hot right now then they may be looking for something different on the shelf.”

McFarlane said he intends to release a "visual range" in the market and then see how sales come back to determine what do to more of.

“Are there more of the 25 year olds or the kids?," he asked, rhetorically. "I hope to do both, but the data and the sales have to come through first.”

The figures themselves are only part of the visual aspect though. McFarlane had other thoughts, including the packaging and how it can grab attention.

“No matter what I end up doing though, it has to end up looking good in the package," he said. "I want to do a Frank Miller Batman but it still has to look super cool for any age range to take notice. The average consumer might not now it’s Frank Miller, and I bet they probably don’t, much like how they don’t know who I am, so the only reason I would do a Todd McFarlane Batman because the cape and the set up would be interesting and not just for the comic fans.”

“Getting to do the core characters because I don’t want to sit there and complain how I never got to do a Batman,” he stated. “Every week there is a new Batman fan walking through those stores.”
                So I would expect a focus on the core characters with variants based on appearances in other media before we would see a deep delve into the character library from McFarlane. And if after the first few waves sales indicate media interpretations sell better than comic book versions, we will see McFarlane focus on those rather than the deep delve into the comic library.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎