X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions : Phantom of the Paradise

As we're into the coolest month ever, we pontificate upon one of Brian's favourite movies of all time, the Brian Depalma classic " Phantom of the Paradise".

Please note we thought of the topic exactly one minute before taping but that really wouldn't stop someone who's seen the movie50 times, there was no "boning up" required, we talk Paul Williams, where we first saw the movie, influences, Winnipeg, the merchandise, alternative casting, shared locations with Logan's Run, the amazing Gerrit Graham and somehow end up at Zardoz? How? Anyway, It's a jam-packed hour.

Please Enjoy and we have a new PodStallions Facebook group, please join us.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • The Nawd
    Nawd your head for yes.
    • Feb 15, 2011

I however have never seen this movie. I have heard about it several times over the years. I checked my local library website and they have it on DVD, I just added it to my holds list so I'll be watching it soon, then I'll be listening to the podcast afterwards.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by The Nawd
      I however have never seen this movie. I have heard about it several times over the years. I checked my local library website and they have it on DVD, I just added it to my holds list so I'll be watching it soon, then I'll be listening to the podcast afterwards.
      Then this work had a purpose, thank you.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I've never seen it, but I'll give it a try.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I have also never seen it, despite hearing about it here and at Plaid Stallions for years. Is it streaming anywhere?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I have also never seen it, despite hearing about it here and at Plaid Stallions for years. Is it streaming anywhere?

Chris
            I saw it on Shudder not long ago.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Is it streaming anywhere?
              In my attic 24/7.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I'm in that same camp of having known of this film for years but haven't ever seen it. I didn't realize how much of it related to Faust, so I especially want to see it now.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I’ve seen it so many times! Along with the Faust thing, I love the way it explores the music industry and the relationship between the writer, the producer, and the performer. And the performances are great too.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by The Nawd
                    I did the same thing. Watched it on Halloween. What an incredible hidden gem of a film.

Comment

• The Nawd
                      Nawd your head for yes.
                      • Feb 15, 2011

Watched it on Sunday. I loved it! Hit all the right buttons for me.

I listened to the podcast yesterday morning. Enjoyed the podcast immensely. I've enjoyed all of them actually. Then as I was trying to get online immediately after listening to the podcast so I could come here and post, our power went out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Plan: Listen to your podcast tomorrow, then rewatch the film--it was one of the first dvds I bought.

It's a little odd that I would dislike something like Blood island, but we both enjoy Diabolik, Phantom of the Paradise, and UFO.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 1, '19, 6:13 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎