X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Power Action Superman: Vintage Mego

This week we take a look at a personal “Holy grail” of mine that i recently managed to acquire. The Power Action Superman was produced in the United Kingdom for a toy company called “Denys Fisher” but the story behind its creation is an interesting one. More on Power Action Superman: Super Strength Superman…

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Oooh...I know what I'm watching on the big TV tonight!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

Power action Supes will actually lift the chair! I hope he can help me push the car if I run out of gas! I love everything about this video. The history, Superman's pin head, comparison to 12" Mego, and the box itself.

Is this figure as tall as the 14" Superman that Mego produced this year?

Were you able to successfully bend Steve's girder with the knob control action?
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Great video!

I really like the looks of him with his box. However, I don’t know if I would have loved this one when I was a kid. It seems a bit “clunky.” The original idea of a large die cast Superman with even more “super” super powers would have been much more appealing, I think.

- Ian
        Last edited by EmergencyIan; Oct 16, '19, 9:19 PM. Reason: Typo
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Love it with the box--congratulations.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats on your grail. Shame it wasn't wider distributed. Looks like it would have been a fun toy.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎