Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 speculation

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The poster also said it was Wave 9, the next wave is #8. It also mentioned a bunch of 2-packs, which Doc Mego said wouldn't be happening unless they came up with a different way to package the figures as the corner boxes took up too much shelf real estate which wasn't popular with potential retailers. Both of those lead me to suspect the list is wishful thinking rather than an actual leak form someone at Target (and why would Target know already what was wave 9 and have that info readily available to rank and file employees...)

-M
    Doc said the two-packs were coming back, but in a different box design for the reasons you stated. But a number of those should be Wave 8, unless 8 is like 6 and built around international variants. Idol, Twisted Sister, Ganddalf and Frodo are the only ones who would seem to need the time to be pushed into a ninth wave. Zombies, TNG Jeckyl/Hyde would be repurposed EMCE or other parts.

More Wrath of Khan I hope

Images
    Blog Entries
    I’m hoping for Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel for the LOTR figures. As well as Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, and Merry and Pippin. If we’re lucky we can get the twelve Dwarves as well. I want the female Romulan Commander eventually. She was one of the better Trek villains.
    JediJaida

I loved Aragorn and Legolas so I am hopeful for much more to both Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I agree with all the characters JediJaida mentioned and I hope we get Smeagol and some Nazgul as well!

Images
    well if they tool a smaller body for the hobbits we may well get Gollum and the dwarves. they have to make it worthwhile to produce the new body size

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^Absolutely. And DM/Emce already has the tooling for child bodies. The question is, will it be worth it to tweak the molds to add that new MegoCorp neck connector (and hobbit feet)? I think so, I think LOTR has legs.

My suggestions:

Gandalf
    Gollum
    Frodo
    Samwise
    Gimli
    Galadriel
    Orc
    Witch-King

That'd be a darn fine collection IMO.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 15, '19 at 7:47 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, 8" feet on the child body might work well for Hobbits & Gollum...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^Absolutely. And DM/Emce already has the tooling for child bodies. The question is, will it be worth it to tweak the molds to add that new MegoCorp neck connector (and hobbit feet)? I think so, I think LOTR has legs.

My suggestions:

Gandalf
    Gollum
    Frodo
    Samwise
    Gimli
    Galadriel
    Orc
    Witch-King

That'd be a darn fine collection IMO.

Add a 14 inch Balrog and I would be in heaven.

-M

Images

-M
    i smell a custom coming

Images