Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 speculation

Wave 8 speculation

So, what do you think/hope wave 8 will include?

Music? Paul Stanley with new paint job, to be more accurate. Dee Snyder. Alice Cooper.

Movies? Planet of the Apes

Horror? Glow-in-the-dark Mummy, Glow-in-the-dark Werewolf, Glow-in-the-dark Headless Horseman, Glow-in-the-dark Freddy, Non-glow Romulan/Vampire, Grey flocked Werewolf

Sci-Fi? Scotty, Mirror Scotty, Bones, Mirror Bones, Kor, Kang, Koloth, Mara, Kahless...

Pop Culture? Stan Lee

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hunchback, The Fly (classic version), Swamp Creature, Medusa, Devil (perhaps a challenge to sell at general retail), Zombie

More classic Star Trek TOS
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Hunchback, The Fly (classic version), Swamp Creature, Medusa, Devil (perhaps a challenge to sell at general retail), Zombie

More classic Star Trek TOS
    That all sounds great!

Images
    So far as I know it's Mego's take on the Fly and new DC Superheroes on the new bandless bodies.

I'm laying even odds on more Trek figures, but no idea at all what else they have in the pipeline.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

What I hope it isn't is more variants of figures we already have. I think I am done buying variants of figures I already have.

What I want is more Lord of the Rings (maybe Gandalf and one other-if they are avoiding other sizes than 8 inch, maybe a Boromir or Orc instead of the Hobbits or Gimli, I wouldn't do Saruman in the same wave as Gandalf, but I'd love a Christopher Lee likeness).

More Trek but stuff we haven't seen before, not variants of already released figures, hopefully Scotty or McCoy. Maybe we'll see a TNG figure (maybe the Locutus of Borg figure mentioned/hinted at at the Vegas Trek con).

Horror-they've shown The Fly prototype, so hopefully that's coming. Maybe the Exorcist figure already mentioned/shown. I'd like to see a Bride of Frankenstein of some sort though I know the Universal look is likely out of the question. Maybe a Van Helsing or Renfield figure to add to the vampire line and add some playability to the line. If Lovecraft is available or public domain, maybe a Deep One (which could fill a Creature void as well).

Music-I'd love to see a Man in Black Johnny Cash or Lizard King Jim Morrison, though I doubt either will be Wave 8. Most likely more Kiss and maybe the Dee Snyder figure mentioned.

I am also interested to see what 8 inch DC they do, and I am assuming they will be starting with the core Justice Leaguers, so the first wave is likely Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and maybe 1 other-GL or Flash most likely, depending how many figures are in the first wave of DC.

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    Lovecraft figures, that's a terrific idea.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    i saw someone post on FB that according to a friend at Target, the next wave will have
    Picard, Data and Q
    Billy Idol and Twisted Sister
    zombie 2 pack
    Exorcist 2 pack
    Jeckyl & Hyde 2 pack
    Gandalf and Frodo
    and I forget what else was mentioned, if anything
    Last edited by Nostalgiabuff; Oct 13, '19 at 7:13 PM.

Scotty in red shirt
    Scotty in dress kilt
    Dr. McCoy in short sleeve med shirt
    Nurse Chapel
    Klingon Kor
    Andorian
    Harry Mudd
    Tellurite
    Talosian
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde (2 pack)
    The Mole People
    The Fly
    Planet of the Apes

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    i saw someone post on FB that according to a friend at Target, the next wave will have
    Picard, Data and Q
    Billy Idol and Twisted Sister
    zombie 2 pack
    Exorcist 2 pack
    Jeckyl & Hyde 2 pack
    Gandalf and Frodo
    and I forget what else was mentioned, if anything
    The poster also said it was Wave 9, the next wave is #8. It also mentioned a bunch of 2-packs, which Doc Mego said wouldn't be happening unless they came up with a different way to package the figures as the corner boxes took up too much shelf real estate which wasn't popular with potential retailers. Both of those lead me to suspect the list is wishful thinking rather than an actual leak form someone at Target (and why would Target know already what was wave 9 and have that info readily available to rank and file employees...)

-M

I expect at least one or two Star Trek figures. Hopefully original series versions of McCoy and Scotty but some variation of Kirk and Spock wouldn't surprise me.