X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Wave 8 speculation

So, what do you think/hope wave 8 will include?

Music? Paul Stanley with new paint job, to be more accurate. Dee Snyder. Alice Cooper.

Movies? Planet of the Apes

Horror? Glow-in-the-dark Mummy, Glow-in-the-dark Werewolf, Glow-in-the-dark Headless Horseman, Glow-in-the-dark Freddy, Non-glow Romulan/Vampire, Grey flocked Werewolf

Sci-Fi? Scotty, Mirror Scotty, Bones, Mirror Bones, Kor, Kang, Koloth, Mara, Kahless...

Pop Culture? Stan Lee
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hunchback, The Fly (classic version), Swamp Creature, Medusa, Devil (perhaps a challenge to sell at general retail), Zombie

More classic Star Trek TOS
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Hunchback, The Fly (classic version), Swamp Creature, Medusa, Devil (perhaps a challenge to sell at general retail), Zombie

More classic Star Trek TOS
      That all sounds great!

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

So far as I know it's Mego's take on the Fly and new DC Superheroes on the new bandless bodies.

I'm laying even odds on more Trek figures, but no idea at all what else they have in the pipeline.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

What I hope it isn't is more variants of figures we already have. I think I am done buying variants of figures I already have.

What I want is more Lord of the Rings (maybe Gandalf and one other-if they are avoiding other sizes than 8 inch, maybe a Boromir or Orc instead of the Hobbits or Gimli, I wouldn't do Saruman in the same wave as Gandalf, but I'd love a Christopher Lee likeness).

More Trek but stuff we haven't seen before, not variants of already released figures, hopefully Scotty or McCoy. Maybe we'll see a TNG figure (maybe the Locutus of Borg figure mentioned/hinted at at the Vegas Trek con).

Horror-they've shown The Fly prototype, so hopefully that's coming. Maybe the Exorcist figure already mentioned/shown. I'd like to see a Bride of Frankenstein of some sort though I know the Universal look is likely out of the question. Maybe a Van Helsing or Renfield figure to add to the vampire line and add some playability to the line. If Lovecraft is available or public domain, maybe a Deep One (which could fill a Creature void as well).

Music-I'd love to see a Man in Black Johnny Cash or Lizard King Jim Morrison, though I doubt either will be Wave 8. Most likely more Kiss and maybe the Dee Snyder figure mentioned.

I am also interested to see what 8 inch DC they do, and I am assuming they will be starting with the core Justice Leaguers, so the first wave is likely Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and maybe 1 other-GL or Flash most likely, depending how many figures are in the first wave of DC.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Lovecraft figures, that's a terrific idea.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i saw someone post on FB that according to a friend at Target, the next wave will have
              Picard, Data and Q
              Billy Idol and Twisted Sister
              zombie 2 pack
              Exorcist 2 pack
              Jeckyl & Hyde 2 pack
              Gandalf and Frodo
              and I forget what else was mentioned, if anything
              Last edited by Nostalgiabuff; Oct 13, '19, 7:13 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Scotty in red shirt
                Scotty in dress kilt
                Dr. McCoy in short sleeve med shirt
                Nurse Chapel
                Klingon Kor
                Andorian
                Harry Mudd
                Tellurite
                Talosian
                Creature from the Black Lagoon
                Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde (2 pack)
                The Mole People
                The Fly
                Planet of the Apes

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  i saw someone post on FB that according to a friend at Target, the next wave will have
                  Picard, Data and Q
                  Billy Idol and Twisted Sister
                  zombie 2 pack
                  Exorcist 2 pack
                  Jeckyl & Hyde 2 pack
                  Gandalf and Frodo
                  and I forget what else was mentioned, if anything
                  The poster also said it was Wave 9, the next wave is #8. It also mentioned a bunch of 2-packs, which Doc Mego said wouldn't be happening unless they came up with a different way to package the figures as the corner boxes took up too much shelf real estate which wasn't popular with potential retailers. Both of those lead me to suspect the list is wishful thinking rather than an actual leak form someone at Target (and why would Target know already what was wave 9 and have that info readily available to rank and file employees...)

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

I expect at least one or two Star Trek figures. Hopefully original series versions of McCoy and Scotty but some variation of Kirk and Spock wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by MRP
                      The poster also said it was Wave 9, the next wave is #8. It also mentioned a bunch of 2-packs, which Doc Mego said wouldn't be happening unless they came up with a different way to package the figures as the corner boxes took up too much shelf real estate which wasn't popular with potential retailers. Both of those lead me to suspect the list is wishful thinking rather than an actual leak form someone at Target (and why would Target know already what was wave 9 and have that info readily available to rank and file employees...)

-M
                      Doc said the two-packs were coming back, but in a different box design for the reasons you stated. But a number of those should be Wave 8, unless 8 is like 6 and built around international variants. Idol, Twisted Sister, Ganddalf and Frodo are the only ones who would seem to need the time to be pushed into a ninth wave. Zombies, TNG Jeckyl/Hyde would be repurposed EMCE or other parts.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 5, 2018

More Wrath of Khan I hope

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I’m hoping for Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel for the LOTR figures. As well as Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, and Merry and Pippin. If we’re lucky we can get the twelve Dwarves as well. I want the female Romulan Commander eventually. She was one of the better Trek villains.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

I loved Aragorn and Legolas so I am hopeful for much more to both Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I agree with all the characters JediJaida mentioned and I hope we get Smeagol and some Nazgul as well!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

well if they tool a smaller body for the hobbits we may well get Gollum and the dwarves. they have to make it worthwhile to produce the new body size

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎