X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Disney's Scarecrow of Romney Marsh on Blu-Ray

Unfortunately, it's only through the Disney Movie Club, but it IS out there (or soon will be). It has been notoriously out of print for the better part of a decade.

I wasn't sure if it would show up on Disney +, so I went ahead and ordered it before it sold out, which is what happened for it's VERY limited DVD release years ago!

Login to Disney Movie Club for all the best Disney, Star Wars and Marvel movies. Add to your Disney Blu-ray collection today!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

I have this on DVD and it's awesome! I remember seeing it on TV when I was a kid, very scary!
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm happy to report that this series holds up EXTREMELY well! McGoohan is fantastic in the lead, and George Cole and Michael Horden are also excellent, as they were in my favorite version of A Christmas Carol, the 1951 Alastair Sim version. For horror fans, Cole was in Hammer's Vampire Lovers, and the lead villain here, Geoffery Keen was the main hypocrite in Taste the Blood of Dracula.

Great cast, and the story really grabbed me this time. When I was a kid, the super heroic aspect of the secret identity and costumes were enough for me, but the narrative really pulls you in. The on-location filming in England make this look like a big-budget production. So happy this lived up to, and honestly exceeded, my rather lofty memories of it! I only wish Disney had produced more than three hour long episodes!

I was also surprised to find there were some merchandise made of this at the time, like a Ben Cooper Halloween costume, and Dell Comic Books!

Chris

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

So, the Disney Movie Club is a bit confusing, but if you have your eye on multiple titles, it is totally worth it to subscribe, fulfill your obligation, then quit. (You can re-subscribe if you want, or stay in).

I am waiting for Black Hole and Scarecrow to be eligible titles to fulfill the initial purchase... it usually takes about 2 months for them to become eligible. At that point, I'll be getting them, along with 20,000 Leagues, Return to Oz, and some others. I really wish they'd do Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked This Way Comes, but I'm not sure those will ever happen, so probably a few months and I'll join and get what I want from them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^I saw Watcher in the Woods on DVD at Target a few weeks ago before Halloween.

I'm not sure, but these titles MAY be on Disney +. I didn't sit through that 3 hour video showing everything they are going to have on launch day. I'll find out next week! I will report back here if they are on there.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

One of my favorite movies ever, I paid $$$ for this on dvd and have never regretted a penny. It's wonderful, Chris is right.

Ever since FTC's SF Scarecrow was released, I've mulled a custom of Dr. Syn.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I've been thinking about doing customs of all three of the heroes. I don't know if I will ever get around to it, but I have thought about it!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎