Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony looking to sell MOTU movie rights to Netflix.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Sony looking to sell MOTU movie rights to Netflix.

I see that the Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Sony is looking to sell off the rights to several movies, MOTU included, to streaming services after the failure of Men in Black International. Probably for the best. Sony has had MOTU in development hell for around a decade. Mattel should have never given them the rights back after their original deal lapsed.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Financial trouble at SONY? maybe that's why they really caved on the Spiderman movie deal

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Spidey saved them from going under. MIB International was a disaster, which apparently everyone else but them could tell.

They're going to sell. Paramount would be more a partnership/merger, which I don't think parent Sony is interested in. My guess would be NBCU. It would put Sony animation with DWA, the vintage Columbia collection with Universal, plus Tristar and whatnot. Nice giant bundle for the Comcast streaming service.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎