X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Target is going to power Toys R Us’ new website

You’ll be able to shop at Toys R Us online again — thanks to a little help from Target.

Target announced on Tuesday that it’s partnering with the parent company of the Toys R Us brand, TRU Kids, to help it relaunch ToysRUs.com.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/targ...w-website.html

Website is up and running here:

https://www.toysrus.com/
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That makes no sense. When you try to buy something you are redirected to Target's website. Why not buy from Target and skip the extra step? You don't even have access to TRU exclusives. Just Target stock. It's pointless.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Wasnt TRU.com powered by amazon at the end anyway?

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
        Bingo.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          No, both TRU and Target's first webstores were handled by amazon.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

The action figures listed are a wide variety from junk figures to expensive. I so Green Lantern movie figures, early DC Direct, JLU, Batman The Brave and the Bold but they keep directing to Target and that means 4 party sellers.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

This is absolutely ridiculous. TRU's "comeback" is a website that re-directs you to Target, a Toys R Us Adventure "experience" that is $28 a ticket for adults and $20 per child and two small stores with a “retail as a service” model that rents out display space to vendors with very low actual in store stock. TRU is dead in the US and is not coming back.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

Toys R Us had there chance, I have little faith that the guys who ran it out of business will be able to resurrect the brand. I would like to see a new Toy retailer take their place. There should be a dedicated toy store for kids and adults to enjoy, that is more important than the Toys R Us brand name. When I was a kid Child World or Toys R Us were practically the same, I was happy going to either one. It's too bad things went the way they did.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

We also had KB Toys as a big name throughout the 80a and 90s. It doesn't have to be a name anybody knows now either.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I think this pathetic TRU "revival" by the current IP owners will kill what little good will the brand retained in the US. When I am looking for toys I am not going to shell out $28 for a ticket for an "experience" nor do I want to go to a tiny "retail as service" empty store. The US needs an actual retail toy chain to fill the void that Kaybee and the real TRU left behind. This TRU in name only revival sure as hell isn't it. This really sucks.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 9, '19, 7:43 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I know that you are upset about this. But running a website requires inventory, shipping, finance, customer service, tech... none of which TRU was particularly good at during its heyday (hence the old outsourcing agreement with Amazon). It would be extremely hard to bootstrap that all now in their current state. Squeezing some money from their the web domain and branding... so Target can lure holiday shoppers doing online toy shopping... that is doable.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎