Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Strange but Ruby Rose has departed the role after the first season and CW is now looking for a replacement. And I never did watch the show. I think maybe because I just got done with Gotham(which I thought was great) so not in the mood for another Bat show right now.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Who knows why she quit? I'd bet there's an health/insurance issue after her back injury.

It would make more sense for CW to reinvent the show as a multiverse Batgirl becoming Batwomam to Grayson's Nightwing.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Ruby Rose was getting way too much hate mail due the fact that she played a lesbian super-hero, then her injuries (you know she had to be in a lot of pain everyday of filming) had to do with the fact that she decided to not renew the Batwoman gig. Its a shame because I liked her for the part, and I really have no idea who they could get to replace her. Glad I do not have that job.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I'm surprised to hear about the hate mail. I mean the character has always been a lesbian hasn't she? I mean the Kate Kane version.

I gave up on the show back in October. I wonder if they will just revamp the whole show for S2

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not her biggest fan but the hate mail is surprising to me because she is a good choice for the character of Kate Kane.

It's on in the background here, I can see what people like about it but it's not my favourite.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

They are going to recast Kate Kane/Batwoman fors2.

Whe Ruby Rose was cast, she got lots of hate mail since 2018 due to the fact that she was "just" a bisexual actor. Then they were the usual hate mail because its not BatMAN, people did not like her etc. She took down her social media accounts at one point it was so bad.

I think it has more to do with that accident than almost ended her career than anything else, I was surprised she finished the season.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

All shows have to be bonded for completion. Ever notice how some actors disappear and then resurge years later? It's usually because they can't get insured for health issues. John Goodman was one of the most recent examples. Some shows get canceled. CW probably told Berlanti she's not insurable in today's climate so they were going to cancel at a later date. Rose then stepped out to save the show.

I know this for sure, if she was on prednisone or any related drug for her back, there's no way she was getting insured as her immune system is shot.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

I found the show unwatchable (although my kids like it, so I watched it every week). I hope the new lead is better.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Any thoughts on a good replacement for Ruby Rose? My understanding is that Berlanti is committed to keeping the role played by an actual LGBT actor.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

WWE’s Sonya Deville has expressed interest in playing Batwoman. She’s athletic,gay, a MMA fighter and quite gorgeous.Though unsure of if she possesses any acting chops.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Wallis Day of Krypto's Nyssa-Vex would be great as the new Batwoman, plus she already knows how the DC schedules are so there no problem with that.
                        Krypton Nyssa-Vex.jpg
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Ruby Rose’s surprise exit from the CW series “Batwoman” stemmed from an ill fit between star and production.

According to multiple sources, Rose was unhappy with the long hours required of her as the series lead, which led to friction on the set. It was thus decided by her and the network and studio, Warner Bros. Television, that they would part ways...

... It was speculated that it had something to do with pain associated with an emergency surgery Rose underwent for two herniated discs, but a source familiar with the situation tells Variety that Rose’s decision “had nothing to do with her health or injury.”

Rose has also been open about her mental health issues in the past. Back in October, she posted on Instagram “I’ve struggled with mental health my entire life.” She went on to say that she had attempted suicide multiple times and had been hospitalized at different times in her life.
                          It's been pretty clear for years she's got a lot of issues to deal with. She's very pretty, but doesn't want to be a model, while at the same time is not really an actress. She could've gotten away with the Portman/Knightley/ScarJo model of playing herself in every role, but that apparently doesn't fit her mood. You can't have a punk or grunge mentality and also want to be at kewl premieres. One has to give.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Sounds like they are moving on from Kate Kane Batwoman to a whole new character. Not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Just end it already...

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Oh that's interesting, I wonder why they chose to do that?
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎