Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batwoman pilot

Images
    i finally got around to watching it. I liked it enough that I will continue for now. but if this show becomes all about her love life and the drama involved, like the other shows often are than I am out. I want to watch superheroes beating up supervillains. not their relationship drama

Images
    Blog Entries
    .Nope.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Images
    I'm trying to give this one a chance, because I love the Bat family of characters so much. but I'm not impressed so far. the lead always walking around angry gets old fast

Images
    Flash was the first CW show I watched. I started with the premiere of season 1 and loved it. Then, I watched the first two seasons of Arrow and loved those. I recently went back and rewatched all of those and was astounded at how far the Arrowverse has fallen since it's debut.

Batwoman was OK for me. Not great.

Blog Entries
    I just realised that Alice is the same actress that played Dinah on "Birds of Prey" , how many shows about Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham is she going to be on?

I had DVRed the series outta pure curiosity. But at the end of the day...I deleted the recordings before one single second of viewing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    i finally got around to watching it. I liked it enough that I will continue for now. but if this show becomes all about her love life and the drama involved, like the other shows often are than I am out. I want to watch superheroes beating up supervillains. not their relationship drama
    Can't afford it. TV loves superhero shows because they can squeeze out a season of cosplay soap opera on the cheap and it holds fans who want to see the intro of other characters. I'll watch Crisis because it's a form of TV storytelling that hasn't been attempted since the 90's, but it's also the perfect encapsulation of shiny object writing that makes so many superhero projects garbahge.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I just realised that Alice is the same actress that played Dinah on "Birds of Prey" , how many shows about Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham is she going to be on?
    I thought she looked familiar. now it makes sense why they are bringing in Ashley Scott for the crisis crossover

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    I gave it a try. Didn't hate it, but it doesn't seem interesting enough to compete with a whole slew of other things I could be watching so I will pass, for now.

I'll DVR/tune in for the Crisis Event out of nostalgia, but it's been a slow and steady decline to near zero interest in the Arrowverse, for me.
    Same here/ Don't hate it. Don't need tp watch it/ Want to see Crisis tie in.

The Arrow Verse has slowly declined in my opinion as well. I just hit record on Batwoman and restarted DVR on Supergirl for Crisis. I tried to watch a couple really bad Arrow episodes. I am a season behind, but still watching flash with my daughters. Legends we still intend to watch, but may never get too. Black Lightning (though not tied in directly) I gave up on 5 episodes in.

-Note season 1 of Arrow was A+. It had an amazing live action adaptation of Mike grell GA while giving nods to other versions. Season 2 was good. Each season has declined. Now is pretty bad.
    Legends started great! It has declined but is still OK. Flash started well. It has had its ups and downs since. I could live without many plot lines (like Joe's).
    Supergirl was OK to start, but quickly got bad. We had such high hopes.
    Last edited by Brue; Oct 27, '19 at 10:02 PM.

Images
    i am already bored with this one, fast forwarded through most of this weeks episode. too much relationship drama, too much overacting by Alice. I really hate the narrating letters to Bruce thing too