X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
    I stopped watching too but it wasn't because of her, she was pretty great.
    Caity Lotz seems pretty cool. Always been a little fascinated by her from her occasional role on "Mad Men".

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

Watched it and it was okay. we do find out off the bat who ALICE is!

BATWOMAN has significance with me as I have been of fan of the character since the 1980's, when I first discovered KATHY KANE aka circus owner and bored rich heiress!

the only thing that was upsetting to me was in the opening credits

Characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger.

Bob Kane had JACK**** to do with Batwoman (or Ace or Betty Kane/Bat-Girl, or BAT-MITE!)

It was ALL Bill Finger and SHELDON "SHELLY" MOLDOFF and its not fair that this punk is making money even if all three are dead!!

having bought art from Shelly over the last 20 years has been a joy for me.

but I digress...

Kate seems like someone very plagued with guilt, and I am gonna guess as the season rolls on that she will either come to terms with it or have more of it!
      I am looking forward to seeing the Batman rogues gallery make their way and the one thing I hope they do NOT DO.

Dont mess with BETTY KANE, leave her out of this.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

The first episode wasn't very good.
        I guess I should have wait to see how they handle Pinkguin (the female Penguin) 😁

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'd call it a "dirty diaper dumpster fire" of a show. Take a crap on Bruce Wayne and wipe with Batman's cape...

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Overall I like the idea of the Batwoman tv series and having her deal with what would happen if Batman left Gotham and I even like Ruby Rose playing her. That being said:

*Wonderland Gang was a huge missed opportunity. They laid the groundwork to offer a new look on a Batman villains and instead of adding the comic book group they are just henchmen wearing Halloween masks
            Alice Wonderland gang 1.jpgWonderland Gang comic 1.jpgWonderland Gang comic 2.jpg

*Tommy Elliot a.k.a. Hush was Batman's opposite coin and not Batwoman so this is going to be confusing

*Magpie is a great villain to bring to live action so that is going to fun

Characters that should play into this darken version of Gotham:

*Penguin & the Iceburg Lounge. Seems this version of Gotham is ready for the deal maker that Penguin is best at.

*In the comic books Batwoman dealt with more mystical type characters, I hope they get included at some point.

*I want to see The Victim Syndicate show up instead of the classic Batman villains.
            The Victim Syndicate.jpgThe Victim Syndicate 2.jpg
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 11, '19, 10:46 PM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i finally got around to watching it. I liked it enough that I will continue for now. but if this show becomes all about her love life and the drama involved, like the other shows often are than I am out. I want to watch superheroes beating up supervillains. not their relationship drama

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

.Nope.
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I'm trying to give this one a chance, because I love the Bat family of characters so much. but I'm not impressed so far. the lead always walking around angry gets old fast

Comment

• kept back
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 2, 2002

Flash was the first CW show I watched. I started with the premiere of season 1 and loved it. Then, I watched the first two seasons of Arrow and loved those. I recently went back and rewatched all of those and was astounded at how far the Arrowverse has fallen since it's debut.

Batwoman was OK for me. Not great.
                    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I just realised that Alice is the same actress that played Dinah on "Birds of Prey" , how many shows about Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham is she going to be on?
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I had DVRed the series outta pure curiosity. But at the end of the day...I deleted the recordings before one single second of viewing.
                        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          i finally got around to watching it. I liked it enough that I will continue for now. but if this show becomes all about her love life and the drama involved, like the other shows often are than I am out. I want to watch superheroes beating up supervillains. not their relationship drama
                          Can't afford it. TV loves superhero shows because they can squeeze out a season of cosplay soap opera on the cheap and it holds fans who want to see the intro of other characters. I'll watch Crisis because it's a form of TV storytelling that hasn't been attempted since the 90's, but it's also the perfect encapsulation of shiny object writing that makes so many superhero projects garbahge.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I just realised that Alice is the same actress that played Dinah on "Birds of Prey" , how many shows about Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham is she going to be on?
                            I thought she looked familiar. now it makes sense why they are bringing in Ashley Scott for the crisis crossover

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Makernaut
                              I gave it a try. Didn't hate it, but it doesn't seem interesting enough to compete with a whole slew of other things I could be watching so I will pass, for now.

I'll DVR/tune in for the Crisis Event out of nostalgia, but it's been a slow and steady decline to near zero interest in the Arrowverse, for me.
                              Same here/ Don't hate it. Don't need tp watch it/ Want to see Crisis tie in.

The Arrow Verse has slowly declined in my opinion as well. I just hit record on Batwoman and restarted DVR on Supergirl for Crisis. I tried to watch a couple really bad Arrow episodes. I am a season behind, but still watching flash with my daughters. Legends we still intend to watch, but may never get too. Black Lightning (though not tied in directly) I gave up on 5 episodes in.

-Note season 1 of Arrow was A+. It had an amazing live action adaptation of Mike grell GA while giving nods to other versions. Season 2 was good. Each season has declined. Now is pretty bad.
                              Legends started great! It has declined but is still OK. Flash started well. It has had its ups and downs since. I could live without many plot lines (like Joe's).
                              Supergirl was OK to start, but quickly got bad. We had such high hopes.
                              Last edited by Brue; Oct 27, '19, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i am already bored with this one, fast forwarded through most of this weeks episode. too much relationship drama, too much overacting by Alice. I really hate the narrating letters to Bruce thing too

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎