• Aug 9, 2001

R.I.P. Rip Taylor

Rip Taylor always reminded me of CNR on cocaine

Wow, 2 Rip deaths in the same year

His wiki page
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

When I saw their names my brain frequently mixed up RIP Torn and Rip Taylor.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

me too, also I thought taylor has already passed on. I think my favorite rip moment of him on the monkees episode(which seemed to be about getting high on pot

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

R.I.P. Rip!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I remember him making guest appearances in the 70s all the time. Rest in peace!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My wife saw he had passed, and asked me who he was. I told her he was "the confetti guy" and she instantly knew what I was talking about. But then she asked "But what was he in?" and all I could tell her was...everything. I couldn't think of a particular thing he was known for, other than being "the confetti guy" and showing up on pretty much everything for 40 years.

When I was a kid, I thought he was also the guard at the door of the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz. I guess it was the mustache?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

When I was a kid, I thought he was also the guard at the door of the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz. I guess it was the mustache?

Chris
              That's funny … When I was a kid I thought he was the toymaker in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang … I'd never seen or heard of Benny Hill until the mid 70's when his show was first broadcast in the USA

The Rip Taylor Mandela Effect might be a thing

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

RIP Rip. Some may have considered you irritating, I found you droll.

Chris and Mikey--It's funny, as a child I conflated Rip Taylor--The Gong Show, The $1.98 Beauty Pageant--with David Wayne's effete, squirrelly portrayal of the Mad Hatter.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

One of his last roles was in Precious as a child services worker. No wig no confetti. With a toned down Maria Carey.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Rip Taylor was hilarious. I got to meet him (along with many other Krofft stars) at a convention years ago. He was the same in person as on tv--always "on." He told some great stories. RIP, Rip Taylor.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Chris and Mikey--It's funny, as a child I conflated Rip Taylor--The Gong Show, The $1.98 Beauty Pageant--with David Wayne's effete, squirrelly portrayal of the Mad Hatter.
                      Wow, you just jogged a memory. I think at one time I had him pegged as the Mad Hatter too! I didn't realize the Mad Hatter was the little white-haired doctor I saw every week when my Mom watched House Calls!!!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎