• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

nice looking figure, but way too expensive

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

I think the Bespin Luke is gonna be really weird in person. I thought his outfit would be soft goods but in photos it appears his "clothes" are all sculpted and will be made of that same rubbery material.

Aesthetically that may work for Vader but I don't see how it will work for Luke.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I think you'll find that Bespin Luke Prototype will change quite a bit. I'm sure there's a reason why they changed the release date and pushed it out to May 2020.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I think the Bespin Luke is gonna be really weird in person. I thought his outfit would be soft goods but in photos it appears his "clothes" are all sculpted and will be made of that same rubbery material.

Aesthetically that may work for Vader but I don't see how it will work for Luke.
          Yeah it looks like an overpriced bendy.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

It's a CGI concept mockup. Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store say he'll have a fabric outfit. I'm betting an actual prototype will pop up at Toy Fair early next year.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I saw one on amazon marked down because of damaged packaging. As I don’t care about that I jumped on it. He arrives this week and already blasting Imperial March awaiting his arrival.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                learning all the time
                • Sep 15, 2010

resurrecting this old thread because I just picked a used one up off the bay.
                amazing headsculpt on a terrific looking figure
                HOWEVER
                this thing is NOT 8"
                it's 9.25"
                which is ok I guess, he's supposed to tower over mere mortals, but why this figure is advertised at 8" is beyond me.
                as far as the rubber suit, I too have concerns about longevity.
                is there anything I can do to preserve it against drying/cracking etc?
                I had planned to keep him in a box/clamshell but as he is over 9" tall that makes regular mego scale packaging too small.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I sold mine because a) I assumed it would rot and b) I saw the (IMO awful) Bespin Luke.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I sold mine because a) I assumed it would rot and b) I saw the (IMO awful) Bespin Luke.
                    agreed, that Luke is a real headscratcher.
                    I hope it doesn't kill the line as I would love to see a C3PO and Boba Fett

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎