X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint Off Card: Hyper Real Darth Vader by Hasbro

A total change of pace this week, we unbox the new Hyperreal Darth Vader from Hasbro. Is this the 8″ Star Wars figure we’ve been waiting for all these years? You decide. You can order this guy at Entertainment Earth: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=ME-002202116 Follow us on Twitter: @Megomuseum Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania/ Related Images: [See image…

More...
  • Terron
    • Feb 22, 2008

Another great video!

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

In answer to your question Brian...I am DEFINATELY IN!!!!!!! GREAT review, thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I’m on the fence for this. Would love this but I’m at a point where I weigh the cost of this Darth vs how many Mego’s I could get for the same price.
        Vader looks amazing!
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Looks great. On the fence as well. Would like to see the other smaller characters and see how they look with Megos.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

The Vader looks great, but the cost is too much for me right now. I do wonder why go to all the trouble of a seamless body on a figure whose costume would cover all the joints from head to toe anyway. Most Star Wars characters seem like the rubber body would be wasted since they almost all are completely clothed, long sleeves, pants, boots and robes. I am looking forward to seeing how Luke comes out next out of curiosity.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

It looks really nice. I just don't think the rubber skin is going to age well.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                It looks really nice. I just don't think the rubber skin is going to age well.
                yeah, that one came to me later. I have some Japanese stuff that melted.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Just yesterday, I found that some of my GI Joe 40th accessories had melted in storage. I'd not prepped them properly, ugh.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 6, '19, 9:10 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

very nice

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Yep, definately in. Me having perfect specimen syndrome , mine came with a slightly crooked chest piece, and I also saw a review, with someone complaining about it. Are they worth $80, not really.... , its certainly not Hot Toys quality, the saber is a bit bendy etc. but Brians headsup with amazon mispricing them at $50, made me pull the trigger on this. As long as they dont start pumping these out at a figure a month, them Im ok, Ill buy the rest. It really is a great figure, although Im certainly not a action figure poser, I got him in a nice stance. finding it quite hard to manipulate him, thinking something might break. Best bit of this vid was actually him interacting with classic style Mego's, that certainly made me smile, finally seeing a Vader in this scale.

Comment

• k2
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 12, 2007

i would be interested if the figure was wearing a suit but the rubber body makes that a no for me

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

It's tempting, but I always have serious doubts about seamless bodies like that. Somewhere down the line, the material over the exoskeleton is going to dry out or deteriorate in some way, and then it cracks at the stress points. I don't see any way that's not going to happen. A knee joint on an original Mego breaking from age can be replaced. a cracked elbow can be glued or repaired with a dab of resin. That skin starts splitting, and it's done. That's why for some of the 12" non-Mego figures I've been making lately I've been using the old Cy Girl bodies from around the turn of the century rather than newer, sleeker seamless bodies. The Cy Girls are still viable and quite usable after a couple decades, and likely will be for decades more. The new seamless bodies haven;t been around long enough to be able to say that. Plus, there's always limits on how far you can push the articulation, and I haven't seen any of these bodies that don't, at some point, look like a big bendy figure when the joints are in certain positions.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

^Agree 110%

I sincerely doubt these figures will last, and there will be a lot of depressed people who spent $80 on them. Same thing is happening to a lot of the Mezco One:12 figures....those delicate rubbery printed suits are already peeling off after just a couple years.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Got mine in the mail and I am ecstatically HAPPY! The quality is simply INCREDIBLE! I really couldn't be anymore pleased with this figure! Can't wait for LUKE SKYWALKER!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎