Thread: New Universal Monsters board game

Images

New Universal Monsters board game

Looks awesome! Even has little plastic minis of all the monsters. Anyone have this?

https://www.amazon.com/Ravensburger-...NPAX9KPYNKZVM3
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I picked it up and looked at it, but I had already committed myself to buying the monster cereal game. It looked awesome tho and the box was actually heavy so it must have a lot of stuff in it. I was thinking it would be great for the monster figures alone!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Blog Entries
    This looks fantastic, I love the design and figurines. They are posed so well. I'm not even upset that the Phantom of the Opera is missing, he's always second-fiddle to Dracula in this sort of thing.

Crimson, where did you see this at retail?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    This looks fantastic, I love the design and figurines. They are posed so well. I'm not even upset that the Phantom of the Opera is missing, he's always second-fiddle to Dracula in this sort of thing.

Crimson, where did you see this at retail?
    Everyone’s favorite: Target.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thank you.

Edit: I saw this today at Target, it looks wonderful.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 6, '19 at 3:31 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

A friend of mine recently texted me a picture of how someone painted the figures included with game. Looked really sharp.

Images
    I'm intrigued by this. I'm not sure how much we would play it, but it looks great, the figures are fun, and I love "army men" type figurines anyway. Plus...there's a Chick and Wilbur (Abbott & Costello) paper game piece!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^Oh no. I may have to get this now!

Images
    Blog Entries
    OMGosh that is fun!

Images
    Reminds me of Monster Mansion, which I loved playing in the early 1980s.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.