X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Universal Monsters board game

Looks awesome! Even has little plastic minis of all the monsters. Anyone have this?

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I picked it up and looked at it, but I had already committed myself to buying the monster cereal game. It looked awesome tho and the box was actually heavy so it must have a lot of stuff in it. I was thinking it would be great for the monster figures alone!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

This looks fantastic, I love the design and figurines. They are posed so well. I'm not even upset that the Phantom of the Opera is missing, he's always second-fiddle to Dracula in this sort of thing.

Crimson, where did you see this at retail?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        This looks fantastic, I love the design and figurines. They are posed so well. I'm not even upset that the Phantom of the Opera is missing, he's always second-fiddle to Dracula in this sort of thing.

Crimson, where did you see this at retail?
        Everyone’s favorite: Target.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you.

Edit: I saw this today at Target, it looks wonderful.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 6, '19, 3:31 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

A friend of mine recently texted me a picture of how someone painted the figures included with game. Looked really sharp.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm intrigued by this. I'm not sure how much we would play it, but it looks great, the figures are fun, and I love "army men" type figurines anyway. Plus...there's a Chick and Wilbur (Abbott & Costello) paper game piece!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

^Oh no. I may have to get this now!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

OMGosh that is fun!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Reminds me of Monster Mansion, which I loved playing in the early 1980s.
                    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎