• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Question re: molded hero gloves and boots

Hi,
    Yesterday I received a pair of molded super hero gloves and a pair of molded super hero boots from CTVT. I have yet to attempt to attach them to an 8" body (the body is arriving in a separate order), but upon looking at them I assume they could be a little tricky when it comes to putting them onto the body. The gloves seem fairly straight forward, but with the boots it looks like I will have to first remove the figure's ankle joint.

Just wondering if anyone knows an easy way of attaching the gloves and boots so when it comes time to do so I can avoid frustration. I'm not even sure how I would detach the ankle joint without possibly breaking something.

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

It depends on which molded boots you got. I think they make a couple of different kinds. Pictures sure would help...

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I will take a pic later tonight and post it here as soon as I can. They are the dark green molded hero boots listed on their website. They came with flesh colour attachments that look like they are the same as the ankle joints that attach a figure's feet to its legs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

yep you have to remove the feet and replace them with the adapters that come with the boots. just push out the ankle pin with a tiny screwdriver or other tool and replace with the other parts.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks, Thunderbolt. I look forward to completing this custom once the rest of the parts I need arrive.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I thought there was a how to on CTVT's site somewhere. But I don't see it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              yep you have to remove the feet and replace them with the adapters that come with the boots. just push out the ankle pin with a tiny screwdriver or other tool and replace with the other parts.
              Just to add to what @thunderbolt said, I've used nearly boiling water to make the ankle more pliable, seems to make the pin easier to get out & put back in. Not sure if this is necessary, but otherwise I think I'd be afraid of breaking something.
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎