X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions Mini: Terrance Dicks

The passing of legendary Doctor Who writer Terrance Dicks could not go unnoticed by us, not only did he create many, many of the surrounds that embody the show that we love but he also was the freaking ambassador of the series through the multitude of novelizations he wrote.

11 year old Jason and Brian were forever changed in their nerdy little hearts by the writings of this man and it would IMPOSSIBLE for us not to give him a proper salute. We love you Terrance and I hope this shows.

Please Enjoy and we have a new PodStallions Facebook group, please join us.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Thanks for this great tribute to one of the first writers I knew with Doctor Who. I started watching when I was six, and I wasn't yet paying attention to the writers when my parents gave me a hardcover of The Adventures of Doctor Who, which combined the novelizations of "Genesis of the Daleks," "Revenge of the Cybermen," and "Terror of the Zygons" (called "DW & the Loch Ness Monster"). I then started collecting the Target line, and I began to associate him with the show (in fact, a trip to Waldenbooks then included bringing home a new Target novel). When I discovered he was the script editor, I thought that was a path to finding authors for books on the show and started trying to find out who the others were, and I went to the card catalog of my library to see what I can find. I also remember being excited by the idea of the Seven Keys to Doomsday play and thought it was perfect that Dicks wrote it.

I remember hearing him talk about "The Five Doctors" and how what he felt he was doing (grabbing characters out of a box who he had to include) matched the set up with Borusa pulling the Doctors & companions from their time streams.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Another fine episode. I was not familiar with the Doctor Who books, so this was not a topic that I knew anything about coming into it. But I learned some stuff... and besides... your and Jason's joy for the subject matter was infectious.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks for listening, both Jason and I adored the man, so i'm glad that shined through.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎