X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Remco Monsters at Home

It's October and I'm going to talk about nothin' but Monster Toys and let's start with an underrated classic, the Remco Monsters at Home line. This series of Universal Monsters hand puppets were based on the Remco 9" Figures that came a few years before and rarely get the spotlight.

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel:
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

More Information about the Remco Monsters at Home line

You can see that cool Remco Monster Commercial i talk over here:
    Here's a neat commercial for the Monster Action Figures by Remco - including Frankenstein (or Frankenstein's Monster technically), Dracula, the Creature from...

Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions)

PlaidStallions Facebook Page

Plaidstallions facebook group
    The official discussion group for the Pod Stallions podcast and the Plaid Stallions website. Group Rules- Pretty much anything that we discuss in the show is up for grabs, 70s fashion, toys,...

Twitter: @plaidstallionsFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Man, I love your October posts!

You're right to point out part of the charm of these is their kid-friendly nature. Let's face it, monsters weren't all that scary as they were presented to kids back in the 70's Maybe it was because monsters were introduced to us through cheesy old B movies on Saturday afternoon Chiller Theater-like shows, but monsters weren't really that scary back in the 70's. Add in monsters in shows like Groovy Ghoulies and even Scooby Doo and monsters are scary enough to appeal to little boys, but not really the type of things to give us nightmares.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Those are very charming! Though, I don’t remember ever seeing them up to now, I do remember the Remco figure lines.

Looking forward to the following videos.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, I recall seeing them at Kaybee Toys at our mall. I was surprised at the gillman, because though I had wave one of the Remco 9" monsters, I didn't yet know of wave two.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 3, '19, 9:36 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎