Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turner Classics Has Godzilla Fridays Through October

Images

Turner Classics Has Godzilla Fridays Through October

On top of the Horror Classics on Thursdays, TCM has Godzilla as The Monster of the Month. 17 Classics from the Showa Era.

http://www.tcm.com/godzilla

Link to PDF schedule of movies
    https://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM...edule_2019.pdf

Images
    Such a cool line up!
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

I'll definitely catch a few of these big G movies, although I'm curious to know why they skipped King Kong vs Godzilla?
    wonder if they will show them English dubbed or Japanese language with subtitles?

Images
    ^TCM has the new Sony/Toho license which made the Criterion set possible. KKvG is still split rights with Universal. I think Frankenstein Conquers The World is now technically co-owned by Universal via Dreamworks. I know KK Escapes is co-owned by Rankin-Bass, so that's either Universal or WB.

What the split means is the American studio has ownership of stateside distribution. TCM could have gotten it, but those three haven't been shown on cable since the Turner Monstervision days.

TCM should be showing the new dubbed versions. Toho has been trying to lock-in the international release versions for about twenty years.
    Last edited by hedrap; Oct 3, '19 at 12:24 PM.

Images
    Gonna have some tacos tonight, in front of the tube, for "Godzilla". Probably will bed down to watch "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!".

DVR is set for the other 3 because I like my sleeps. Even on a Friday night. In some ways, I'm reverting back to a middle-schooler in middle-age and that includes "bedtimes".

Are these commercial free?
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Blog Entries
    TCM is always commercial free.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Criterion Collection. Very nice.

Blog Entries
    Watched about half of the Burr version the other night, it looked great!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'd never seen the original Japanese version until last week--I really enjoyed it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.